Idaho prong horn units

swes64

FNG
Looking for some insight on prong horn units in Idaho. I'm a resident and hunted prong horns in Wyoming. I'm interested in both general and archery.

downthepipe

Lil-Rokslider
There aren’t a lot of units. Based on the proposed regs, you will have to decide whether to put in for archery or put in for any weapon... no more putting in for any weapon then drawing archery if you don’t get lucky for rifle. As for units, my advice is just pick the closest one to home, and hope you get lucky in the draw (all the hunts are less than 5% chances). If you draw, then spend summer months driving around to locate the animals. If you choose to do archery, you can hunt way more but you either need to be really good at stalking or really good at fighting people for blind positions on public water holes.

I’ve been looking at this on taghub and chose to look at other states. Draw odds are tough and not sure I want the struggle of the archery season.

There aren’t a lot of units. Based on the proposed regs, you will have to decide whether to put in for archery or put in for any weapon... no more putting in for any weapon then drawing archery if you don’t get lucky for rifle. As for units, my advice is just pick the closest one to home, and hope you get lucky in the draw (all the hunts are less than 5% chances). If you draw, then spend summer months driving around to locate the animals. If you choose to do archery, you can hunt way more but you either need to be really good at stalking or really good at fighting people for blind positions on public water holes.
That's about as accurate of a depiction you can get.