Idaho Tag Sales Today

I have a lot of upset friends back home I know that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe they let about 100 people in at a time to the tag portal? 40 already checked out? I don’t know... be interesting to see how many elk tags are left after today.

Good for Idaho, 10,000 elk tags in less than 24 hours, at a $200 extra, that’s a quick $2,000,000.

I helped a friend in the process. He was logged in before 9:45. Was given a random number of 5950. Took a little over an hour to get through it all, though it seemed to slow down quite a bit the last 25min, saying he was between 3-10 away that whole time. Was smooth in the checkout, though I'm thinking that period it bogged down may have been when others with lower random numbers were having issues paying. Friend did log in earlier and buy his lic to test the system, which allowed him to input his payment info, so maybe that helped with smooth payment of tags.

I'm a resident so I see some benefits and the logic. I applaud IDFG for being consistent in listening to the overwhelming responses they get on their surveys of RESIDENTS, which this change is a result of. The limitations other states put on NR's is well documented. While this change is painful to those loyal NR's that hunt the same places over and over, it's hard to argue that this step by Idaho does not put it outside the trend of western states.

As my best friend is being hurt by this, a friend I have hunted with almost annually for 40yrs of my 53 years of life, it's hard to see. It impacts me too, if I want to hunt with him.

How much this helps, is yet to be seen. I would love less crowding, but not sure we will make a dent, but maybe stop the increase. Gonna be interesting to see how this "sale" goes through the start of the season, to see if any NR tags go unsold into August.

Apparently not in OTC
That outfitter should check again. This is taken from the Commissioners meeting Gold Sheet when these changes were approved, it is long so I'll skip around to the highlights:

"When the Commission establishes a limit on nonresident deer or elk tags, it shall set aside a maximum of 25% of the statewide nonresident tag limits (IC 36-408(3)). These tags may be allocated for use by outfitted hunters in capped hunts and general season hunts. By administrative rule (IDAPA 13.01.04.500), each year 1,985 deer tags and 2,400 elk (A or B tags) are set aside for sale to persons that have entered into an agreement to use the services of a licensed outfitter. Outfitterset-aside tags are a subset of the total nonresident deer and elk tag quotas (15,500 total deer tags and 12,815 elk tags), not an addition to the total nonresident deer and elk tag quotas. The 1,918 tags allocated to outfitters in capped elk zones are a subset of the outfitter set-aside quotas above. The current outfitter set-aside represents 13% of the tags in the statewide nonresident deer tag quota and 19% of the tags in the nonresident elk tag quota....

....Of the statewide outfitter set-aside of 2,400 elk tags, 1,918 tags are already allocated to the existing capped elk zone A and B tag hunts, leaving a balance of 482 tags to allocate to outfitted hunters in uncapped elk zone A and B tag hunts. All 1,985 deer tags in the outfitter set-aside would be available to allocate as either regular deer tags or white-tailed deer tags to outfitted hunters.....

Staff used outfitter use report data from the Idaho Outfitters and Guides Licensing Board for the two previous hunting seasons for which data were available on hunter participation and outfitted hunter use (2018 and 2019) to calculate, based on our best ability to interpret, the highest outfitter use for regular and white-tailed deer tags by game management unit and elk tags by uncapped elk zone A and B tag. This highest year of use value was used to project potential outfitter allocation for each of the options developed for managing the percentage of nonresident hunters. Staff will propose an allocation of tags for use by outfitted clients based on the number of tags available through the sliding scale proposal for managing the percentage of nonresident tags for uncapped elk zone A and B tags and the highest reported outfitter use in the previous 2 years. However, because the balance of outfitter set-aside tags (482 tags) is insufficient to meet the sum of the total highest use for all A and B tag zones (547 A tags + 272 B tags = 819 tags), the high use value would be pro-rated by 0.588 for each zone. Staff will propose an allocation of tags for use by outfitted clients based on the number of tags available through the sliding scale proposal for regular deer tags and white-tailed deer tags and the highest reported outfitted use in the last 2 years, as long as that total does not exceed 50% of the total nonresident tags for that unit. In any unit where the highest outfitted use exceeds 50% of the total number of nonresident tags available, allocation would be set at 50% of the number of nonresident tags."

I'm not sure what the final allocation is per unit. Seems like the outfitter should be able to figure that out even if the IDFG website is not displaying the Outfitter allocation.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but I can’t find the 2021 seasons anywhere. Are they selling tags for seasons not set yet, or are the seasons unchanged from 2019-2020?

Maybe this is a stupid question, but I can’t find the 2021 seasons anywhere. Are they selling tags for seasons not set yet, or are the seasons unchanged from 2019-2020?
The General seasons typically do not change, however, IDFG will officially set them in the spring, so yes, selling tags for dates that are not officially set yet.

Non resident. It was a mess...logged in 20 minutes early got place 2500 something. Added tags to cart all good.. then it would not let me check out...went through four iterations of tags expiring timing out before I finally got through. Click on checkout and it would do nothing. Cost me a tag in my preferred unit.

That outfitter should check again. This is taken from the Commissioners meeting Gold Sheet when these changes were approved, it is long so I'll skip around to the highlights:

"When the Commission establishes a limit on nonresident deer or elk tags, it shall set aside a maximum of 25% of the statewide nonresident tag limits (IC 36-408(3)). These tags may be allocated for use by outfitted hunters in capped hunts and general season hunts. By administrative rule (IDAPA 13.01.04.500), each year 1,985 deer tags and 2,400 elk (A or B tags) are set aside for sale to persons that have entered into an agreement to use the services of a licensed outfitter. Outfitterset-aside tags are a subset of the total nonresident deer and elk tag quotas (15,500 total deer tags and 12,815 elk tags), not an addition to the total nonresident deer and elk tag quotas. The 1,918 tags allocated to outfitters in capped elk zones are a subset of the outfitter set-aside quotas above. The current outfitter set-aside represents 13% of the tags in the statewide nonresident deer tag quota and 19% of the tags in the nonresident elk tag quota....

....Of the statewide outfitter set-aside of 2,400 elk tags, 1,918 tags are already allocated to the existing capped elk zone A and B tag hunts, leaving a balance of 482 tags to allocate to outfitted hunters in uncapped elk zone A and B tag hunts. All 1,985 deer tags in the outfitter set-aside would be available to allocate as either regular deer tags or white-tailed deer tags to outfitted hunters.....

Staff used outfitter use report data from the Idaho Outfitters and Guides Licensing Board for the two previous hunting seasons for which data were available on hunter participation and outfitted hunter use (2018 and 2019) to calculate, based on our best ability to interpret, the highest outfitter use for regular and white-tailed deer tags by game management unit and elk tags by uncapped elk zone A and B tag. This highest year of use value was used to project potential outfitter allocation for each of the options developed for managing the percentage of nonresident hunters. Staff will propose an allocation of tags for use by outfitted clients based on the number of tags available through the sliding scale proposal for managing the percentage of nonresident tags for uncapped elk zone A and B tags and the highest reported outfitter use in the previous 2 years. However, because the balance of outfitter set-aside tags (482 tags) is insufficient to meet the sum of the total highest use for all A and B tag zones (547 A tags + 272 B tags = 819 tags), the high use value would be pro-rated by 0.588 for each zone. Staff will propose an allocation of tags for use by outfitted clients based on the number of tags available through the sliding scale proposal for regular deer tags and white-tailed deer tags and the highest reported outfitted use in the last 2 years, as long as that total does not exceed 50% of the total nonresident tags for that unit. In any unit where the highest outfitted use exceeds 50% of the total number of nonresident tags available, allocation would be set at 50% of the number of nonresident tags."

I'm not sure what the final allocation is per unit. Seems like the outfitter should be able to figure that out even if the IDFG website is not displaying the Outfitter allocation.
Thanks! I've shared this with the outfitter and he was apparently in the process of trying to figure this out. Really appreciate it!

The General seasons typically do not change, however, IDFG will officially set them in the spring, so yes, selling tags for dates that are not officially set yet.
I live in Idaho, and have hunted two units all of my life. The fish and game happens to make changes to those two units all of the time, so I was just trying to figure out if they kept them the same for 2021. I know that they set the seasons in the spring,

I was just trying to figure out how a nonresident would know what exactly they were buying a tag for, before they even release the information?

I live in Idaho, and have hunted two units all of my life. The fish and game happens to make changes to those two units all of the time, so I was just trying to figure out if they kept them the same for 2021. I know that they set the seasons in the spring,

I was just trying to figure out how a nonresident would know what exactly they were buying a tag for, before they even release the information?

The dates don't seem to change much more than a few days here or there. Previous dates should be enough of an idea of when the next seasons are. Plus, buying in Dec for the following August/Sept provides a ton of time to figure it out.

Anyone logged in seeing what tags are left in real time? Screen shots please! Just wondering demand on the deer units
Current as of 12:30 Mt time.

Attachments

• screencapture-license-gooutdoorsidaho-Licensing-Catalog-aspx-2020-12-02-12_29_02.png
    screencapture-license-gooutdoorsidaho-Licensing-Catalog-aspx-2020-12-02-12_29_02.png
    821 KB · Views: 81
  • screencapture-license-gooutdoorsidaho-Licensing-Catalog-aspx-2020-12-02-12_28_26.png
    screencapture-license-gooutdoorsidaho-Licensing-Catalog-aspx-2020-12-02-12_28_26.png
    827.3 KB · Views: 83
I logged in early and bought my license and permits and saved my payment info. Got in the waiting room at 9:45 MST and was randomly assigned in the 4000s. Timed out 3 times for the tag and then on the 4th time after it gave me a 404 error message, i closed the browser, and logged back in. Still had the tag in the cart. Was able to finalize the purchase with 17 seconds left. The ticker had a good workout!

If you live in Idaho you should already know that the hunting proclamation booklets only come out every two years. There aren't going to be earth shattering changes to season dates. If someone buys a tag in December and can't figure it all out before the following September, then perhaps the great outdoors isn't for them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back