Idaho Trails Map

I have a question regarding the Idaho Trails Maps. Trying to sort out access in the Beaverhead Unit. What does other road mean? Do they consider the roads marked as Jeep open for the motorized rule? Thanks for the input.

If you are asking because of the Motorized restrictions. When in doubt, walk. Or a quick call to F&G could tell you if they consider a "jeep trail" a road for motorized travel.

mitchellbk

Lil-Rokslider
It seems the local USFS maps are the definitive rule. Find whichever region you are in for example https://www.fs.usda.gov/main/ctnf/maps-pubs

Then find the pdf for the MVUM. You have to stay on these roads for the restrictions (some apps like Gaia, Basemap, and Onx might have the correct designation but I wouldn't trust it 100%)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 12.12.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 12.12.51 PM.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 20

Here is a good resource for you to use.

OP
P
Thanks for the info. Just trying to tie all the info together. Onx has one thing. Idaho trails map something else. I will error on the side of caution but would rather get closer by truck when possible.

Here is a good resource for you to use.
That website is phenomenal and I use it often. Especially in my e-scouting efforts. OnX is inaccurate sometimes

Mike Hunt

FNG
I have a question regarding the Idaho Trails Maps. Trying to sort out access in the Beaverhead Unit. What does other road mean? Do they consider the roads marked as Jeep open for the motorized rule? Thanks for the input.
Hi. Working on same thing. Do you r anybody know a service in that area for packing out game? Going to hunt Beaverhead 2022 for multi species and will take any info u r willing to share. Going solo, due to my best friend deciding to die on me the day after getting tags. It was a huge shock as he was active and only 49. He had planned on hunting it for his 8th year in a row. Being a Disabled Veteran USMC, I was unsure about going alone, but I can still hold my own, well kinda lol. So I’m going in his honor, unfortunately without him or his knowledge of those units. Beaverhead newbie!!! Planning on 4 scouting trips prior to elk season. Pretty knowledgeable Outdoorsman, whitetail/turkey guide in IL and MO from 1996-2014. Bow, muzzle, rifle and shotgun hunter and love to fish. Lucky to have Hunting property in IL and MO, willing to trade hunts etc. Again any knowledge about hunting the Beaverhead would be greatly appreciated. Also looking to meet people that plan on being there in 2022, be nice to know some of the hunters out there at same time. Help pack out etc etc. Thanks in advance, Mike
[email protected]