Idaho unit 50 elk discussion

lwtickner

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone want to discuss unit 50 elk in pioneer zone? Shoot me a message. Have some experience in unit. Hunted 49 a couple times. Looking for general info. TIA

OP
L

lwtickner

Lil-Rokslider
Check the forum rules.
When do you graduate from fng? I've been on here since 2018. Posted, commented, bought and sold since. Had good private messages sharing my knowledge. I only asked for pm to discuss generalized info on area.

LFC911

WKR
When do you graduate from fng? I've been on here since 2018. Posted, commented, bought and sold since. Had good private messages sharing my knowledge. I only asked for pm to discuss generalized info on area.
100 posts but they still don't want you talking about units

OP
L

lwtickner

Lil-Rokslider
100 posts but they still don't want you talking about units
Thank you. I wasn't looking for public comment on unit , just a pm on general info. Hard to get info pertaining to a unit or zone without asking about the specific area. I'm all for keeping info from being openly accessible. I've had a 2 replies privately. That's all I was after!

What kind of info? I’m not sure what general info means? Like unit boundaries? Road access? I’ve spent a fair amount of time in the unit but general info is all available on fish and game website online.

OP
L

lwtickner

Lil-Rokslider
What kind of info? I’m not sure what general info means? Like unit boundaries? Road access? I’ve spent a fair amount of time in the unit but general info is all available on fish and game website onli

What kind of info? I’m not sure what general info means? Like unit boundaries? Road access? I’ve spent a fair amount of time in the unit but general info is all available on fish and game website online.
I'll shoot you a pm. Pretty much things like that.

OldTimmer

FNG
Anyone... unit 50 elk info in pioneer zone 50? Shoot me a message. Have some experience in unit. Hunted 49 a couple times. Looking for general info. TIA
Drew a 36B tag, 1 of 2 available for non Residents, 2024 season. This is a cow only tag. Hunted 40+ years in Colorado mostly, some in Montana Wyoming too. Questions: Is is safe assume by November 10th there is generally snow? Is accessibility an issue? Are there Farmers in the area that allow trespass to taking elk? Have not been in that particular area of Idaho in the past. Hunted Idaho my son, an Northern Idaho resident. Also interested in ground squirrel shoots in the hay farm lands same pioneer zone area. Any expectations do's and dont's tips etc appreciated. Thanks.

Oldsmoke

FNG
Drew a 36B tag, 1 of 2 available for non Residents, 2024 season. This is a cow only tag. Hunted 40+ years in Colorado mostly, some in Montana Wyoming too. Questions: Is is safe assume by November 10th there is generally snow? Is accessibility an issue? Are there Farmers in the area that allow trespass to taking elk? Have not been in that particular area of Idaho in the past. Hunted Idaho my son, an Northern Idaho resident. Also interested in ground squirrel shoots in the hay farm lands same pioneer zone area. Any expectations do's and dont's tips etc appreciated. Thanks.
I have hunted in all of the Pioneer zone and also unit 36B, shoot me a PM. I am looking to burn my Colorado points and could use an opinion on which units to shoot for.

OldTimmer

FNG
Not sure if you Have Elk or Deer Points so will say what I know concerning Both. Lots of good areas upper west corner Colorado for Elk and Deer However, some areas require as many as max points to draw, 18-20+. I hunted unit for years south west. An Outstanding Deer Zone before it was "discovered". East of Deer now require 5-6 points for non residents. Elk, 2nd and 3rd third Season are still over the counter. 1st and 4th season Elk are a draw. 4th season deer is near impossible to get however you will see many, MANY wall hangers zone wide.

Last edited by a moderator:

KHNC

WKR
Not sure if you Have Elk or Deer Points so will say what I know concerning Both. Lots of good areas upper west corner Colorado for Elk and Deer However, some areas require as many as max points to draw, 18-20+. I hunted unit for years south west. An Outstanding Deer Zone before it was "discovered". East of , Deer now require 5-6 points for non residents. Elk, 2nd and 3rd third Season are still over the counter. 1st and 4th season Elk are a draw. 4th season deer is near impossible to get however you will see many, MANY wall hangers zone wide.
you literally didnt read any rules at all did you?

Last edited by a moderator:

OldTimmer

FNG
Lol no sonny not really. I did respond to a fellow hunter and outdoorsman respectfully and in a helpful manner while you did not.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not sure if you Have Elk or Deer Points so will say what I know concerning Both. Lots of good areas upper west corner Colorado for Elk and Deer However, some areas require as many as max points to draw, 18-20+. I hunted unit for years south west. An Outstanding Deer Zone before it was "discovered".Deer now require 5-6 points for non residents. Elk, 2nd and 3rd third Season are still over the counter. 1st and 4th season Elk are a draw. 4th season deer is near impossible to get however you will see many, MANY wall hangers zone wide.

you literally didnt read any rules at all did you?

Lol no sonny not really. I did respond to a fellow hunter and outdoorsman respectfully and in a helpful manner while you did not.
“Before it was discovered…east of…”. While it has already been discovered we don’t need to continually spotlight areas. We’d appreciate it if you edited that line and removed the town.

Last edited: