Idaho's Greatest Mule Deer

IdahoHntr

WKR
Looking at this thread and the "Colorado Mule Deer B&C" thread are interesting to me. Everybody here talks like Idaho's deer hunting is worse than everybody else, but in the B&C statistics posted by @idahohikker and @robby denning on that thread , Idaho is where it always has been. One of the top 3 B&C producing states in the country. I understand that the deer hunting in Idaho is not what it used to be. You can take one look at the cover photo of Ryan's book and understand that concept, but Idaho's deer hunting isn't struggling any more than any other western state that has mule deer.

And before everybody talks about the bucks not in the books, I understand that not everybody puts their bucks in the record books and old timers used to just throw racks away that would make us drool today, but I'm assuming that happened fairly equally throughout all the western states. If those factors affected each state equally, then those factors shouldn't matter when comparing each states B&C statistics.

I'm curious why everybody thinks Idaho is a lot worse than other states for big bucks when the statistics don't show it?