Ideas for Trebark Jacket mods

J.Wells

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys! As the title says I have a trebark jacket I was wanting to improve. I’ve always loved the pattern for whitetail hunting but as you well know they don’t make anything in Trebark anymore.

I have a canvas jacket I love but I think it would be awesome to buy some raw fleece and line it.I got to looking around and there is a TON of different kinds of fleece but came here to ask for opinions on the project

If you where gonna use this Jacket as an outer layer that you would put on once you got in the stand would you line the Jacket with a Grid fleece, a polar fleece, or a wind protection fleece
3ccaf6fcec555d4afb0ae6b078b89cda.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, it would depend on what I was wearing on underneath it. How it fits with a base layer then how it would fit with that base layer and the added material. No matter what you decide on, if the fit is too tight it won’t keep you warm like it is supposed to. Instead of adding material to it, I would make it into a pullover. I might even put a kangaroo pocket on it. Makes it warmer without adding bulk to the jacket.

They don't make trebark anymore, but they do make mossy oak bottomland and some of the best affordable camo for deer hunting is made in the pattern. Fleeces, hoodies, baselayers, puffies. Might be a time saver and cost less overall to get exactly what you want!

LostArra

WKR
They don't make trebark anymore, but they do make mossy oak bottomland and some of the best affordable camo for deer hunting is made in the pattern. Fleeces, hoodies, baselayers, puffies. Might be a time saver and cost less overall to get exactly what you want!
Rogers Sporting Goods
Liberty. MO usually has a decent selection of bottomland camo that is affordable

LostArra

WKR
Hey guys! As the title says I have a trebark jacket I was wanting to improve. I’ve always loved the pattern for whitetail hunting but as you well know they don’t make anything in Trebark anymore.

I have a canvas jacket I love but I think it would be awesome to buy some raw fleece and line it.I got to looking around and there is a TON of different kinds of fleece but came here to ask for opinions on the project

If you where gonna use this Jacket as an outer layer that you would put on once you got in the stand would you line the Jacket with a Grid fleece, a polar fleece, or a wind protection fleece
3ccaf6fcec555d4afb0ae6b078b89cda.jpg

Of your lining choices I would go with wind blocking. As Justin mentioned, the fit is probably going to change and you could just add a separate layer (not sewn) of any fleece for the jacket to be more versatile.

Regarding the Bottomland camo, I have a lightweight hoodie that I use as an outer layer for treestand hunting in any weather as it slides over one or multiple layers. I don't know if camo matters but it sure resembles the bark of the oaks where I hunt.

Of your lining choices I would go with wind blocking. As Justin mentioned, the fit is probably going to change and you could just add a separate layer (not sewn) of any fleece for the jacket to be more versatile.

Regarding the Bottomland camo, I have a lightweight hoodie that I use as an outer layer for treestand hunting in any weather as it slides over one or multiple layers. I don't know if camo matters but it sure resembles the bark of the oaks where I hunt.
Bottomland absolutely claps in oak trees. Favorite turkey pattern, and somehow because it's old school it's almost as cool as wearing old duck camo.

OP
J.Wells

J.Wells

Lil-Rokslider
Alright! For all who have been following this project and giving suggestions I really appreciate it! Here’s what I’ve settled on

I found a lady who is going to make me a custom fleece trebark pull over from the original stuff. I’m assuming she some how got her hands on one of the last rolls which is freaken awesome.

As far as my canvas jacket goes I’m going to line it with some sort of wind pro as suggested! Think it will make a really great jacket system