Kuiu layering question

I've got my base layers good to go, grabbed a Peloton 240 jacket and have the Super Down Pro. Thinking I should be good for Western hunts.

I am looking at layering pieces for whitetail bow hunting- I'm not going to wear the S.D. Pro but wondering if the Strongfleece piece would be a good outer layer for earlier in the season, as well as a mid-layer piece under the Proximity jacket once it gets cooler out.

I've always liked fleece pieces but having some wind blocking capabilities is huge in a stand hunting piece for sure.

Smallie

Lil-Rokslider
To me the 240 has better wind blocking capabilities than the Strongfleece (I have a 260). The Strongfleece is warmer but you lose heat if sitting in a stand since it has the breathable panels under the arms and on the back. It’s made for being on the move in cold weather. I have the Wind Pro zip up and that is warmer than both but okay wind resistance despite the name. Paired with the 240 though it suits me well in a stand and very quiet. I wear the Wind Pro on top because of the harness pass through and pocket configuration with a 240 underneath

OP
Jacob Chapman
I’m not sure the 240 is quiet enough for whitetail is it?

Ideally I can use the pieces for multiple use, not sure if the Windpro would do well outside of maybe duck hunting?

Lowg08

WKR
I wear a wick too, the plan is to wear on the coldest days. Wick/240/kenai/ proximity. I think the 240 is quiet enough personally. I do have a Klamath I would wear also. Just Have to try it out

That Peleton 240 is way too loud for whitetail bow hunting. I sold mine for that reason.

I have a couple of the older Strongfleece pieces and I like them, bought my sons Strongfleece and Peleton stuff also. I like them both quite a bit, but as stated above they're not terribly wind resistant but if it's not super windy or they're under something else they're pretty darn warm.

Smallie

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not sure the 240 is quiet enough for whitetail is it?

Ideally I can use the pieces for multiple use, not sure if the Windpro would do well outside of maybe duck hunting?
The 240 softens and quiets down if you wash it more. The Windpro is dead quiet it’s a very soft fleece so you can’t wear it walking into the stand if you have burrs around as it’s a magnet for them. So wearing that over the 240 helps muffle any noise concerns for me. I still think the 240 is still quieter than a lot of softshell options but I agree out of the package it can be loud until some washes and usage

Lowg08

WKR
I’ve got a new 240 that’s getting ready to get air fluffed in the dryer with dryer balls to see if it softens down anymore

Pizza Guy

FNG
I have both the 240 Peloton and the 260 Strongfleece. I prefer the 240 for its wind resistance. Mine is quiet enough to bow hunt out of. It does have some mileage on it so could be the reason for it being quiet enough. The Wind Pro is more quiet and has great wind resistance but if I was to pick one to be a mid layer under my Proximity, it would be the 240. Personally, I would purchase a vest at this point if you already own the 240 and Proximity jacket. If you're looking to stick with Kuiu, the Kenai is a nice piece. It packs really well and will layer nicely between the the 240 and Proximity.