If you had to pick one Camo brand to stick with...

fatlander

WKR
Nature would be the only brand that I’ll stick with. Being in the right place to break up your silhouette and avoid sky lighting is what matters.

I’ve got more Sitka than anything else but that’s because of LEO. I’ve got some kuiu pieces and first lite pieces. I’ve also got some other stuff that’s not from hunting companies.

I like solids personally because I can wear them more than just while hunting. And I don’t feel like a goon going out in public before/after a hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N2TRKYS

WKR
Clothing brand or camo pattern? I don't stick to just one of either, but note that some brands offer multiple patterns, and some patterns are offered by multiple clothing companies. Like multicam, Crye doesn't make much clothing for the hunting market, but plenty of other outdoor companies license the pattern and make their clothing with it.

With that said, I prefer a mix of solids. I don't like looking like I'm at work when I'm trying to enjoy myself. And I think it helps minimize the looks I get at gas stations or stores I might stop at before or after hunting. Not that I care what people think, but why draw more attention than necessary.

Solids also blend just fine if you use surrounding veg or terrain to your advantage. And I don't have to worry about the pattern or brand matching. A green jacket from Outdoor research, looks fine with mud brown pants from Prana. No matching or mismatching concerns. Just a cleaner neater appearance that is still very functional in the field.
IF I wear camo, I still don't worry about if it matches.

Surely you aren't getting weird looks in camo in North MS. I've spent a good bit of time there and they don't seem to care about much.

NDGuy

WKR
She tells you this because it improves her odds you'll be leaving the house to go hunting. Which means she's headed somewhere with the credit cards. :sneaky:
Her thing is actually redecorating, painting, or moving all the furniture into new places in the house. Does this 9/10 times I am gone.

Most of my stufff is KUIU and the Verde pattern, primarily because that’s what was on sale. I’d actually prefer to have different colors to make finding the piece you want easier inside your pack, but it hasn’t really been a problem with the way I organize things.

I don’t think any one brand has the best piece in each category, so you’re better off shopping around.

There are benefits to sticking with one brand for fitment with layering stuff, and pieces that interact. A KUIU rain jacket fits great over their puffy jackets without binding or bunching up, and the leg zippers on the rain pants are directly over the ones on the Attack pants, so you can ventilate easier.

Dave0317

Lil-Rokslider
Surely you aren't getting weird looks in camo in North MS. I've spent a good bit of time there and they don't seem to care about much.

LOL, you know the area! It truly is generally acceptable to go to Walmart, Chilis, the Mexican restaurant, liquor store, maybe even church, in a mossy oak shirt, camo pants or jeans, and a dirty pair of sh!t-kickers. Hahaha.

Maybe more like Memphis, TN, which I drive to for deer processing.

N2TRKYS

WKR
LOL, you know the area! It truly is generally acceptable to go to Walmart, Chilis, the Mexican restaurant, liquor store, maybe even church, in a mossy oak shirt, camo pants or jeans, and a dirty pair of sh!t-kickers. Hahaha.

Maybe more like Memphis, TN, which I drive to for deer processing.

I graduated from Mississippi State in forestry and ran helicopter herbicide crews in North MS most of the time. I guess they were use to seeing helicopters, cause they hardly paid it any attention. Heck, I had a pilot land at a Hardee’s to get us some biscuits one day. He said that they didn’t act like it was a big deal.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I definitely shop around for what works best for me but, if I had to choose one it would be Skre. Prices are very reasonable, fit and features are close to perfect, summit pattern is probably my new favorite.

Currently I only own a hat from them because I’m trying to go with solids, so if you’re reading this Skre how about some solid colors?

I think I am going to switch to Badlands. It has nothing to do with the camo, but they are cover their cloths with the same great warranty as their packs. Sounds hard to beat.

bigbaddad71

Lil-Rokslider
Personally, I purchase based on fit, function, quality and value.. Then on company policies. I look like I rolled out of a mountain hunting lost and found..

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

KHNC

WKR
Kryptek for me. Mossy oak fell off the map for western hunting patterns and quality clothing years ago. even the new western pattern isnt offered in anything quality. Mostly wal mart junk. Kryptek is a leader in quality and functional patterns east or west, IMO>

me neither. i look for fit and function first, camo pattern is just about irrelevant. all my stuff is different brands and camo but everything fits and works perfectly for me. If I had to do it all over again, I'd run solids in what I have and an asat leafy suite jacket over the top.

Good god man I couldn't second this post more. What you said is spot on. Solids and leafy suit.

I think I am going to switch to Badlands. It has nothing to do with the camo, but they are cover their cloths with the same great warranty as their packs. Sounds hard to beat.

This is what I wear for the most part. I take comfort knowing that when I inevitably shred any of their pieces, Badlands is going to replace or repair it free of charge. And it doesn’t cost me a small fortune to buy in the first place.

NateK

Lil-Rokslider
Goodwill!

I really like Kryptek but I the KUIU stuff I have fits me well and has a great cost/performance ratio