Input on Nunatak Alpinist

FatBuddah

WKR
Anyone happen to have the 18* Alpinist from Nunatak? Looking for review. Is it worth it? Is it true to 18* comfort?
I’m 6’3 230# a tosser and cold sleeper. I added 3oz body and 1oz foot box and came close to $700. I like the idea of center zip.
Thoughts?
Cheers

Probably not a ton of experience with them on this forum.. i have a synthetic version of the alpinist on the way but if I wanted down I’d just look at WM or feathered friends as nunatak is pretty backed up.

You can just call Jan and ask him based on your conditions. Hes very easy to work with and helpfull
I have one Synthetic bag form him and a Jacket/elephants foot that are a lot warmer than what I expected

OP
FatBuddah

FatBuddah

WKR
I did talk a couple days ago.... looking for some unbiased accounting’s.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I would look on backpackinglight if you're looking for more info on Nunatak. I haven't read anything bad on their gear on any forum I've looked them up on. Everyone is biased, either for or against. I'm not sure an unbiased opinion exists anymore really.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Camber__

FNG
I don't have a quilt from him, but I have a vest, which is really nicely made and works wonderfully, and he added down to my EE quilt. Turn around was fast, and he talked me through how much to add. Looking at his fill numbers, they seem comparable to other companies. And i've never heard a bad thing about this production quality.