Instinctive shooting

Tegr0429

Lil-Rokslider
Just out of curiosity how many of you guys are shooting instinctive? I have tried some aiming methods but always revert back to instinctive. It’s the reason I put the compound down to begin with. There’s something pure about drilling a spot you’re focused on.

I shoot an instinctive, pick-a-point, split vision, gap...

I have painstakingly dabbled in all the aiming methods and use the one that's best suited for the shot I have in front of me.

For example, if I'm on the 3d coursr under 15 yards I instinctive aim. 15 to 30 I split vision shoot and 30 plus i gap shoot. If I'm having a rough day, I may switch to pick-a-point.

If I'm hunting and every shot is under 30, I split vision or instinctive.

If I'm shooting paper indoors I either split vision or pick-a-point.

I reccomend all of them for new trad archers. One will likely work the best for them and their style of shooting, but being able to use a different one when needed is important.

squid-freshprints

Lil-Rokslider
3 under, shooting instinctive lets me focus on the mechanics of release, works better in weird positions and bulky clothes, and allows me to shoot faster.

Split instinctive for me. It does make it harder for me out past 25 yards. When I was younger I was good to about 35 yards. I don’t shoot and practice as much as I used too though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moosehunter

Lil-Rokslider
Instinctive close up.
The split to about 30. Which is farther than I should shoot.
Some sort of aiming makes all the difference for me. I think it's fairly situational

bisblue

WKR
I shoot an instinctive, pick-a-point, split vision, gap...

I have painstakingly dabbled in all the aiming methods and use the one that's best suited for the shot I have in front of me.

For example, if I'm on the 3d coursr under 15 yards I instinctive aim. 15 to 30 I split vision shoot and 30 plus i gap shoot. If I'm having a rough day, I may switch to pick-a-point.

If I'm hunting and every shot is under 30, I split vision or instinctive.

If I'm shooting paper indoors I either split vision or pick-a-point.

I reccomend all of them for new trad archers. One will likely work the best for them and their style of shooting, but being able to use a different one when needed is important.
Pretty much this...

OP
Tegr0429

Tegr0429

Lil-Rokslider
I'm truly not sure how i shoot... I don't aim but I feel like I subconsciously use references
Same here man, I say instinctive but like you said, I believe im subconsciously using my arrow as a reference.

Three under and instinctive I'm pretty good out to 30 yards and really solid from 20 on in. I've tried split vision and gap both and it just doesn't work as well for me. I haven't had the chance to shoot past 30 but I'd like to try and figure out a gap system for that. Probably won't get to work on that until April at this point. I have been a compound shooter all my life and have been working on shooting my trad bows for the last year. My plan is to hunt with it next fall and so far I'd say my max range will be 25 yards. Even if I can figure out a gap system for longer ranges I don't think I will take any longer shots at game. I enjoy the challenge of up close archery and the appeal is what draws me to the trad game.