Insulated over boots?

SwampBone

FNG
I wear these over my steel toed boots most of the winter at work. My feet never get cold when stationary and they’re not bad to walk around in. They’re water proof and have carbides for icy conditions. I have worn them stand sitting as well but have to put padding on the platform for the carbides. They might make them without them also. Maybe you’re looking for the packable lightweight kind though. 2E3B6A0F-9017-4FC2-9B6D-F5C94F417658.png

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Those are cool. But I am looking for something packable to glass in.

PMcGee

WKR
I bought the Arctic shield ones this year after my buddy raved about them. Used them in my tree stand one morning when it was 14 degrees and my feet were fine. I did throw a hand warmer in each one. This was with in insulated boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

*zap*

WKR
Artic shields are more packable and Icebreakers are taller/warmer. For very cold the Icebreakers are great by themselves and you will need warmers for the Artic Shields. Weight on either is really negligible and the Icebreakers do compress fairly well but take up some room, I use 2 supersized rubber bands to wrap/pack the icebreakers. I am mainly using uninsulated boots so I prefer the Icebreakers and use them for winter overnight camping also.

Shraggs

WKR
Attic shield for sure. Ice breaker may a touch warmer but you need 2500 cu in to pack them. Artics pack pretty well and work if you put them in when you stop. Don’t wait till feet cool.

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
+1 on the Arctic Shield covers. Very easy to pack. When it’s down in the lower teens and single digits I throw a disposable warmer in them. Very happy with them.

HNTR918

WKR
How warm are the Neos Navigators? Enough warmth for use with uninsulated boots while stationary during glassing? I also found the Outdoor Research Brooks Ranger & Forty Below Overboots while doing some research.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I used the Ice Breakers last year in the treestand. They're amazing. But too bulky for a treestand. I'll get the Artic Shields next.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I too have the arctic shield. Not very expensive. I just get open up a couple hot hands before I walk, then walk to and climb the stand, loosen my boot laces to get better circulation and then put on the boot covers with the hot hands already warmed up. Helps a lot for those long tree stand hunts. I hate cold feet and haven’t found a boot to keep them warm when I am sitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk