Insulated pants outer layer vs mid layer

*zap*

WKR
Personally I like to wear the base layers for the temps I am in and then wear a soft shell pant/jacket and when it is time to be sitting for a while I put on very warm bibs/jacket before I cool down. The newer synthetic insulated warm outer layers are pretty light to carry and not that bulky. I was pleasantly surprised at the warmth a pair of predator camo ambush bibs I purchased used. Very thin and light for the amount of warmth. Excellent pocket design/placement, functional fly zip and hand warmer pouch. Excellent windproofing. They run a size smaller (legs/hips) so up size one if you get you some.

I try to dress with as little layers as possible so my system depends on very warm (for the temps) outer layers and good windproofing is a must for my outer layers and the shells I wear while moving. Being able to vent the shells is also very important so I like full leg zips and pit zips.

ljalberta

WKR
Yep. They are high on the list, especially for a mid layer active puffy. I emailed them a while back and never heard back. I need to follow up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think they closed for a month or so over Christmas break.