Integrate Rest screw removal

MT257

WKR
I have an Integrate rest on my bow. The screw that is tightened and loosened when micro adjusting the rest in the up/down position, I have some how stripped the head out. Any suggestions on how to remove that screw now? I have contacted QAD and have another screw on the way. This is the screw that is stripped.Thanks.D4E21317-F09C-41BC-A93D-6AA8D6BC935B.jpeg

I've had some success in similar situations with jamming a Torx bit into the hex socket. The "teeth" on a Torx driver might bite into the socket enough to get the screw out.

I've also super glued a hex wrench into a stripped out socket then loosened the screw after the glue set. Gotta be careful with the glue though or you might end up making the problem worse.

OP
M

MT257

WKR
I've had some success in similar situations with jamming a Torx bit into the hex socket. The "teeth" on a Torx driver might bite into the socket enough to get the screw out.

I've also super glued a hex wrench into a stripped out socket then loosened the screw after the glue set. Gotta be careful with the glue though or you might end up making the problem worse.
Im just worried about not getting it out and damaging the bow...

Im just worried about not getting it out and damaging the bow...
The stuck screw is part of the rest, not the bow, correct? If so, I don't see how the extraction methods I suggested could damage the bow. Those methods might further damage the screw head, but that screw will need to be replaced anyway.

OP
M

MT257

WKR
The stuck screw is part of the rest, not the bow, correct? If so, I don't see how the extraction methods I suggested could damage the bow. Those methods might further damage the screw head, but that screw will need to be replaced anyway.
Correct the screw that is stripped is the one that is loosened before making a vertical adjustment to the rest. I tried the Torx idea. The T20 is too small an T25 is too big. I guess I may just end up drilling it out?

Correct the screw that is stripped is the one that is loosened before making a vertical adjustment to the rest. I tried the Torx idea. The T20 is too small an T25 is too big. I guess I may just end up drilling it out?
If it were me, I'd try gluing a hex wrench in the socket next. If that doesn't work, I'd try a screw extractor.

Pretty easy to just drill the head out. Get a drill bit that's bigger than the shank, but smaller than the head. Go slow, it will pop when you get to the shank. Then you can probably spin the bolt out by hand. I do it a lot. They also make stuck screw removers, they are LH spiral threads, much like an easy out.

Marble

WKR
I would go get a screw removing kit from home depot. It comes with a drill bit and another bit that is basically reversed to a normal bit. I've used them a lot on my race car and other things.

Probably cost less than 10 bucks and less than 10 minutes. Don't ruin the rest.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk