International hunt trip insurance… suggestions?

Did a search but didn’t find a whole lot.

Anybody have any experience. I’ll be out of my deposit I think already (25% of hunt), in think 50% by 6 months out, and then paid in full 90 days out. Airfare likely $1,500.

Be nice to cover this. Booked through WTA. They promote Global Rescue for emergency extraction afield, and their trip cancellation insurance. My biggest concern on cancellation would be weather event where I live (hurricane) and maybe being sick.

I spoke with them and for money split upfront it’s probably $10,000 or less. They wanted $750, which seemed high to me. I have not read any of the plan documents.

OP
P
Global rescue is the only travel insurance I know of that covers hunting.

Where you headed? Might be why you got price shock.

Not sure why cancelling a hunting trip abroad due to sickness, etc is any different than a sightseeing / fishing / business / cruise/ train etc trip.

I’m not talking about the evacuation portion. Just the cancellation insurance in case I can’t make the trip.

Hope to hunt Croatia in next few years.

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
I have a client that does international hunts focused around waterfowling. I just asked his wife and she stated they do a bundle through Global Rescue with travel insurance through IMG travel insurance for their clients. But she stated that they go through Global Rescue for both products. Also, I know when I was looking for another client, Zurich/AIG had a travel insurance product. You'd have to call them to ask specific coverage questions, but those are the one's I would start with.