Irish Setter Elk Tracker

blsch72

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have experience with these? Durability, waterproofing, and warmth?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

blkntancj

FNG
I had a pair of the low top version of those that they used to make (cant remember what they were called). They were super comfortable. Mine were uninsulated so they were as warm as any other uninsulated leather boot. I had no issue with the waterproofness, I treated them with boot oil. The only complaint i had with them was they were not sufficiently stiff/supportive for really rugged terrain. We did a day of rough rocky country with A LOT of sidehilling and I got some NASTY blisters (had to take the next day off of hunting). If you aren't planning on hunting sheep type country they should be a fine choice, but if you are looking for a boot for the steep stuff I would look at something else. And I am a huge fan of Red Wings (my dad worked for them for 40 years and i grew up wearing them).

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been using these for the last couple of years.....can't say enough good about them. I run the un insulated and my feet still are fairly warm. When the soles do start wearing, the traction in snow is not very good but I've got 2 years on them and highly recommend them. I also wear them at work.

Randy

They are very comfortable. I wear them to work, camp and hunting.

I liked them so much that I got my father a pair but his soles essentially rotted away in a year. We are working on getting him a new pair right through the manufacturer.

Mine are 2.5 years old and going strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elkeatr

FNG
They are very comfortable. I wear them to work, camp and hunting.

I liked them so much that I got my father a pair but his soles essentially rotted away in a year. We are working on getting him a new pair right through the manufacturer.

Mine are 2.5 years old and going strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve been wearing these for the past several years and have had two pairs but recently switched to schnees. I have the 200g thinsulate and have had good experiences with them. I hunt in Washington and with all of the rain have never had wet feet. I’ll wear thin wool socks in early season and remained comfortable. I’ve put hundreds of miles on them but the uppers became way too flexible. Overall really good boots though

OP
B

blsch72

Lil-Rokslider
I appreciate all the info. I think I am going to order a pair and hopefully use them in montana this winter.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

jjchad

WKR
I love mine, they have held up really well for me. They are a little heavy, but waterproof and comfortable. I think you will like them... a lot. Happy trails.

mtmuley

WKR
I've used them for a lot of years. No complaints. I have a 1000 gram pair right now. I bought a pair of Kenetrek Mountain Extremes last Fall. I found I like the stiffer boot better. The Elk Tracker is a great boot for the money. mtmuley

I bought a pair of the 10" 400 insulated last fall. Wore them all through the winter as my everyday boots. They seem good solid all-around boots. Myself, I like the big roomy toe box. Keeps my feet dryer (from sweat) and warmer.

Elkhntr08

WKR
Glad to see the reviews. I bought a pair this spring and have around 100 miles on them. So far so good. I’ve got the uninsulated and they are plenty warm.