Iron sights

tommynealy

Lil-Rokslider
I’m currently shooting a T/C Venture with a scope. I do not have the open sights for this gun so I will need to buy some for Colorado muzzleloader season. Any recommendations on a good set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I could no longer see well through my Lyman peep, I switched to Williams ghost ring sights. I found the day glo ghost ring rear sight did not need to be mounted as far back as the peep, because it has a much larger opening to look through. You can put the rear sight on your scope rail.

Good luck. Sept. in CO is spectacular.

For some reason, I am thinking that sight is not legal in Colorado, but can’t remember for sure. I think the lens made it not legal

4. Sights: Any muzzle-loading rifle or smoothbore musket with any sighting device other than open or “iron” sights is prohibited

Last edited:
When I could no longer see well through my Lyman peep, I switched to Williams ghost ring sights. I found the day glo ghost ring rear sight did not need to be mounted as far back as the peep, because it has a much larger opening to look through. You can put the rear sight on your scope rail.

Good luck. Sept. in CO is spectacular.

I changed out the standard peep with the Williams “twilight peep”. Bigger hole than a standard peep but not as big as a ghost ring.

Back