Iron will hybrid hunter vanes , ripping

stan_wa

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone else having an issue with the new iron wheel, hybrid, hunter veins, just shooting my target I’m noticing that if I shoot two arrows close together, one vein will cut the adjacent arrows veins. I’m just shooting field points. I’ve ruined three veins in my two weeks. And never cute an aae max stealth.
Anyone got tricks on how to remove a single vein on a warped arrow?

Marble

WKR
This is why I stopped wrapping arrow. You'll probably have to redo the entire thing.

But vanes cutting vanes? Never heard of that happening.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

WoodBow

WKR
Are you sure it is not the field point hitting the fletching? I have never heard of a vane cutting another vane, but I do frequently damage them by hitting them with a field point. However, I have heard those vanes are not too durable. You can't have it all i suppose.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Anyone got tricks on how to remove a single vein on a warped arrow?
Before I saw Marble's reply I was thinking "why bother if the arrow is warped.....just toss the whole arrow".

The first generation 2" Quikspins were like that. Every time I'd shoot I was shooting through vanes with FP's or just tearing them up. Then they changed them up and developed their ST's (super tough) material and they got better. But this is also why I have never used wraps. Since it's already wrapped I would just shave the entire spot clean and put on a new vane.

OP
stan_wa

stan_wa

Lil-Rokslider
I have never cut a max stealth vane and I cut 3 of my iron will vanes in 2 weeks. Maybe it is the field point doing the cut not the adjacent vanes I really have no way of knowing.

I guess I just pull the whole wrap and redo em

I've carefully shaved the shot-up vane off a wrapped carbon shaft and glued a new vane in its place directly to the carbon. Worked fine for me and was barely noticeable. This is on 4mm shafts which are likely easier to remove a vane from with minimal extra wrap removed than on a fat shaft.

Trial153

WKR
In general the hybrid material is no where near as durable as the Max material. Just a trade off you have to live with if you want to do less prep.