Ironbound Lake Outfitters

HBartley

FNG
Hello everyone, I have a moose hunt booked this year with Ironbound Lake Outfitters. Curios if anybody out there can give me some reviews or feedback from recent experiences with this outfitter. They were recommended to me from a fella I met at a whitetail hunt in Illinois that had been twice and had a great experience. So far communication has been great with them, but I can't find much along the lines of online reviews. Any info is greatly appreciated!

They use to go by just ironbound outfitters. Try that in Google. I have no experience with them so can't help there

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

OP
H

HBartley

FNG
Thanks for that. Ive googled and yielded about the same results. Id still like to hear some real world experience if anybody out there has used these guys

Why wouldn't you get as you say, " real world experience" BEFORE booking a hunt? Any quality outfit can & will provide a list of previous clients so you can call & talk with them about their experiences, but all of this should be done prior to booking. Hope it turns out well, but you are asking for trouble by not doing the appropriate leg work beforehand.

OP
H

HBartley

FNG
Why wouldn't you get as you say, " real world experience" BEFORE booking a hunt? Any quality outfit can & will provide a list of previous clients so you can call & talk with them about their experiences, but all of this should be done prior to booking. Hope it turns out well, but you are asking for trouble by not doing the appropriate leg work beforehand.
true enough. I did that. Everyone I talked to hadn’t been in several years but was pleased with the experience hence why said “recent” experience. I didn’t know they had changed names. Why would they do that? I can give anyone a list of references that I know would give good feedback it is what it is. I noticed lately someone called them out for deleting comments on Facebook post, reasons like that are why I’m asking from anybody that’s dealt with them that’s willing to chime in. I don’t think that’s unreasonable

ELKhunter60

Lil-Rokslider
Hello everyone, I have a moose hunt booked this year with Ironbound Lake Outfitters. Curios if anybody out there can give me some reviews or feedback from recent experiences with this outfitter. They were recommended to me from a fella I met at a whitetail hunt in Illinois that had been twice and had a great experience. So far communication has been great with them, but I can't find much along the lines of online reviews. Any info is greatly appreciated!
A friend and I went out September 28th 2023 with Ironwood. Our guide was good. Mark Pike was good to deal with. We both shot bulls - but nothing huge. Mine was 34" and my friends was 29". All but one guy shot his moose in the group that was coming back in when we were heading out. So about a 95% kill rate at the time. If you're looking for a beautiful area to hunt, decent food, good guides and a bull moose to bring home, you should be happy with it. If you need a 40" bull or bigger to consider the hunt a success, it's possible but not guaranteed by any means. We enjoyed the entire experience and want to go back sometime.......for a 40" or bigger bull :)

OP
H

HBartley

FNG
A friend and I went out September 28th 2023 with Ironwood. Our guide was good. Mark Pike was good to deal with. We both shot bulls - but nothing huge. Mine was 34" and my friends was 29". All but one guy shot his moose in the group that was coming back in when we were heading out. So about a 95% kill rate at the time. If you're looking for a beautiful area to hunt, decent food, good guides and a bull moose to bring home, you should be happy with it. If you need a 40" bull or bigger to consider the hunt a success, it's possible but not guaranteed by any means. We enjoyed the entire experience and want to go back sometime.......for a 40" or bigger bull :)
Thank you for the comment! Mark put me down for oct. 24-31st. seems kinda late to me but what do I know Ive never hunted moose before.