IRS Delayed the 1099 600$ rule for one year. See article

Kynoch

FNG
This is where one may sell the barreled action for $550, the stock for $500, the bases for $500 and the rings for $450. Oh, forgot the bolt so add another $500. Of course, to save energy and the environment, ship together in a single package. Just a thought.

fwafwow

WKR
This is where one may sell the barreled action for $550, the stock for $500, the bases for $500 and the rings for $450. Oh, forgot the bolt so add another $500. Of course, to save energy and the environment, ship together in a single package. Just a thought.
Did you read the thread?

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It will be 600 total for the year not per transaction. Used to be 20k or 200 transactions.

Kynoch

FNG
Thanks for the clarification HA. Explains the need for the additional 80k employees.

i believe paypal and venmo are owned by the same company. would one expect a separate 600$ threshold for each account? Trying to stay under the threshold this year for buying /selling

antelopedundee

Lil-Rokslider
I saw this posted elsewhere.

"You will also receive a 1099k for pp ff. It is up to you, when filing your taxes, to identify that it was a gift and not a financial transaction."

Anyone aware of this or can verify it?

fwafwow

WKR
I saw this posted elsewhere.

"You will also receive a 1099k for pp ff. It is up to you, when filing your taxes, to identify that it was a gift and not a financial transaction."

Anyone aware of this or can verify it?
Never heard that.

fwafwow

WKR
This is insane, they are definitely overstepping.
I've found nothing (including on the PP website) to support the thinking that the 1099-K will apply to F&F.

FWIW two Senators have introduced legislation to move the threshold from $600 to $10k. But I pay zero attention to proposed tax legislation. There are too many bills put forward and most of them don't go anywhere.

antelopedundee

Lil-Rokslider
I asked him and he said that it was from personal experience and that a couple years ago he got a 1099-K from PP for taking $190 thru PPFF. I guess if it happens call PP or Venmo, altho he did not contact PP.

Last edited:
File Form 1099-MISC for each person to whom you have paid during the year:
  • At least $10 in royalties or broker payments in lieu of dividends or tax-exempt interest.
  • At least $600 in:
    • Rents.
    • Prizes and awards.
    • Other income payments.
    • Medical and health care payments.
    • Crop insurance proceeds.
    • Cash payments for fish (or other aquatic life) you purchase from anyone engaged in the trade or business of catching fish.
    • Generally, the cash paid from a notional principal contract to an individual, partnership, or estate.
    • Payments to an attorney.
    • Any fishing boat proceeds.

Stalker69

WKR
Most of the responses so far have been pretty educational and informed and I like to think I’m not the one to typically bitch or rant but think I just might here.

The government just passed a 1.7 trillion spending bill, the bill being over 4,000 pages long. The government and DoD specifically can only account for a shockingly low amount of assets and spending in a given year. But somehow my potential $600 payment even if it’s all gain must absolutely be accounted for by the IRS. To accomplish making sure I pay my gains they’re giving the IRS $80 billion. Then they claim the money given to the IRS is to go after the wealthy. Sure sounds great but the reality is the truly wealthy have lawyers and accountants that are top notch and “cheat” the system by utilizing the loopholes created by the system. Sure they might find an illegal scheme here or there and tangle up some athletes and Hollywood celebs but they won’t get at the true ultra wealthy. Then they’ll look at how they can make up for the claimed expected tax profits, watch out medium to small family owned businesses. Wether republican or democrat I always see “x” official is giving “y” amount of money to Ukraine or to some foreign area that had a natural disaster. Well the government doesn’t give anything, the taxpayers do and they take credit for political score when applicable.
Just look at Hunter Biden, he got off from paying any taxes on the millions of dollars he and the big guy illegally received .

hawkman71

Lil-Rokslider
While I'm against it all the way around, if you aren't selling the item for a gain, they need to keep their effing hands to themselves.

At least we have another year to buy and sell gear. its a damn shame this is what our country has resorted too. Hoping a new Administration will throw this crap out.
Billionaires not reporting, shame!