Is CWD the Imminent Doom for Hunting?

In areas with a lot of predators (coyotes in my area) You won't typically see the deer dying from cwd until prevalence is high because they're pulled down and disposed of when they start to act silly or are weak and lose their coordination.

EHD and Blue Tongue are only bigger concerns until CWD prevalence is high enough that your herd shrinks and age structure decreases.

I've had a property littered with deer dead from EHD, but there was no concern about infectious agents from the corpses infecting other deer years later.
If that’s the case it’s sure takeing it’s sweet ass time spreading. First found in the 60’s been around for who knows how long.

It will be the end of hunting because the sky is falling hunters before the disease it’s self.

Another few years we will have our next catastrophe…….

As always Travis hits the nail on the head, just like the conservation talks on Rokcast!

I wrote in on the cwd plan in MT for region 6(thanks for others who did)!

We will recover from this, whitetail fecundity and contraction rates are much higher. Why kill all the mule deer? Easy excuse to drop pop. to decrease contraction rates, but we will never eradicate the root cause.

Nor will the deer disappear.

Right
A lot more than cwd. Out deer numbers went to shit because of Ehd and blue tongue . Cwd has affected little to none.

Grants for the studies. Science is big money.

How many years has cwd been around since the 60’s if it was the game ended would have done it years ago.

Ok, understood.
You have no idea, 10-4

Reactions: 307
I think we’ve seen more change in hunting and its subsequent regulations and game animals in the last 5 years due to Randy Newberg, Steve Rinella, and the trove of other hunting profiteers than we have from CWD. Interesting, isn’t it?

This fellow is a veterinarian that hunts an endemic area in South Dakota. I'm familiar with the disease. I've never had one of mine tested. It doesn't concern me. My kids and I eat every deer we shoot. I can tell you with 100% certainty I've never shot a CWD negative deer. I don't know, or care if I've shot a positive one.

Basic epidemiology would tell you CWD will never kill off the deer herd. It behaves as expected for a disease with a 100% fatality rate. It has knowingly been around longer than I have.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

I love how they just gloss over the fact that dude was shot in a hunting accident, I would be questioning how accidental that shooting was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TN DNR hired the same people that work for the Clinton's to take care of their problem with a little "accident" LOL

What the hell does CWD have to do with Covid?
It's not the diseases themselves.......it's the reaction to the diseases that makes the interesting correlations. It sure seems that a lot of the people that fear CWD are the same people that were demanding that everyone get experimental shots for covid. Perhaps it's time for each individual to do their own risk assessments, and make their own choices and decisions......for everything.......without ridicule and attacks from others.

As you pretend that you do. Just keep making up issues that aren’t to make your self feel It's not the diseases themselves.......it's the reaction to the diseases that makes the interesting correlations. It sure seems that a lot of the people that fear CWD are the same people that were demanding that everyone get experimental shots for covid. Perhaps it's time for each individual to do their own risk assessments, and make their own choices and decisions......for everything.......without ridicule and attacks from others.

Name a single person that you know that fears CWD and also demanded people take experimental shots

It's been here for decades (that we know of), while deer populations have vastly increased on those same landscapes. Maybe CWD fear is now gaining traction with some people because of the righteous movement of only killing "mature" deer. If CWD wipes out all the 5.5+ year old deer, how can these dorks on the gram continue to post their 130"-150" deer with the claim of it being mature? "This old warrior didn't have a tooth left in his head!"

The one thing no one talks about is are lockers contaminated with cwd? I would guess they are. I know I toured one this year and they don’t test and they mix deer for some products. Since the prions don’t get destroyed by heat and cleaning, if they are in the locker or it’s equipment there is a good chance all meat processed is contaminated.

Are you making up stuff, for the guys that’s making up stuff?
Google it if you don't believe me. You asked someone to name a single person so I did. He actively funds CWD and is/was a huge proponent of getting vaccinated for COVID.

Not so sure why it's so hard to believe.

As you pretend that you do. Just keep making up issues that aren’t to make your self feel important.

Actually, I’m well informed, but I’m not important.
We’ve killed around a dozen CWD positive deer.

I know what’s happening to our local deer herd.
The effects are able to be seen.

If you want to scoff at CWD, thats your prerogative.
Heck, blame Dahl eating vegan infectious disease researchers.
That makes perfect sense.

Back