It’s draw season

Ucsdryder

WKR
And it’s a good reminder why I hate the influx of new hunters! Thanks for crushing my dreams yet again Colorado! 😡

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
Confucius say, "irony thick like fog, make one inside no see irony"
You’re usually confused, nothing new there…

Yep, I get the seeming irony of it @wapitibob, but I’ve always been on the side of giving up opportunities for youth hunters, well before I had a youth hunter.

There’s a big difference between passing down the hunting heritage and the incessant push we’ve seen the last 7-8 years but instagtamers, YouTubers, podcasters, etc to “grow” our sport for their own personal gain ($$$$$).

In some ways it’s a selfish standpoint, I’m not too dense to see that, but unfortunately there’s not enough wildlife to support unlimited hunters, just as there’s not enough resorts to support unlimited skiers, etc etc.

Ok, back on topic. I hate you Colorado, you can make it up to me next month with a moose tag.

sndmn11

WKR

Yep, I get the seeming irony of it @wapitibob, but I’ve always been on the side of giving up opportunities for youth hunters, well before I had a youth hunter.

There’s a big difference between passing down the hunting heritage and the incessant push we’ve seen the last 7-8 years but instagtamers, YouTubers, podcasters, etc to “grow” our sport for their own personal gain ($$$$$).

In some ways it’s a selfish standpoint, I’m not too dense to see that, but unfortunately there’s not enough wildlife to support unlimited hunters, just as there’s not enough resorts to support unlimited skiers, etc etc.

Ok, back on topic. I hate you Colorado, you can make it up to me next month with a moose tag.

Did your youth hunter fill out their voter registration for 2024 yet?

I don't think that equating a limited quantity of sheep and goats to youth hunting is the fault of adults deciding they want to hunt. With no youth quota for either species, I don't see how "youth" hunting comes into play. I think CO does a really good job of separating adult opportunities from youth opportunities, so much so, I'd bet I know a youth hunter that tagged three species in year one while gaining preference points...

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
Did your youth hunter fill out their voter registration for 2024 yet?

I don't think that equating a limited quantity of sheep and goats to youth hunting is the fault of adults deciding they want to hunt. With no youth quota for either species, I don't see how "youth" hunting comes into play. I think CO does a really good job of separating adult opportunities from youth opportunities, so much so, I'd bet I know a youth hunter that tagged three species in year one while gaining preference points...

@wapitibob posed a question, I wasn’t the one that brought youth hunters into the post. You’re confused again.

sndmn11

WKR
@wapitibob posed a question, I wasn’t the one that brought youth hunters into the post. You’re confused again.
You threw out "youth" twice in the second sentence in your reply!
Yep, I get the seeming irony of it @wapitibob, but I’ve always been on the side of giving up opportunities for youth hunters, well before I had youth hunter.

He had a great question that highlighted the irony in complaining about "new" hunters, while simultaneously providing "new" hunters of your own.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
You threw out "youth" twice in the second sentence in your reply!

He had a great question that highlighted the irony in complaining about "new" hunters, while simultaneously providing "new" hunters of your own.
Yeah I’m not going to spend the morning try to get you to understand that wapitibob brought up a question about youth hunters in my household. I just answered his question. Then you started talking about voter registration cards. Are you intentionally being dense?

sndmn11

WKR
Yeah I’m not going to spend the morning try to get you to understand that wapitibob brought up a question about youth hunters in my household. I just answered his question. Then you started talking about voter registration cards. Are you intentionally being dense?
I am hoping to hear the objective logic of where your "new" hunters are any different than other "new" hunters in regards to the "influx" of them and your subsequent hatred.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member

Some of us need a laugh today, so zip it and let us take jabs at you😂

SandyCreek

Lil-Rokslider
I don't think my odds for sheep tags have changed much in the last 12 years.. even with the influx of new folks and taking away the up front cost. just hopefully before I turn 60 i'll get my chance.

sndmn11

WKR
Some of us need a laugh today, so zip it and let us take jabs at you😂
There was supposed to be something of value in all that. @Ucsdryder is intelligent enough and successful enough the field I hate seeing someone like him forget that CO is playing vote on hunting every election cycle.

Recruiting youth hunters is important, but a percentage of a percentage gives a hoot about if they are hunting desert sheep, B&C bulls, or doe phorns.

Recruiting voting hunters and those within their circle of influence leaves the best chance for the youth hunters to carry on the heritage.

I think it is overboard to adult tantrum about not drawing that 10th big game on a small percentage chance when the other 9 opportunities are sitting there. I'm surprised I didn't get a text message already about it.

Beendare

WKR
Anyone curious as to what 19 years of applying in Nevada gets you for an archery elk tag? Sadly, my odds have been dropping significantly over the last 10 years with the squared bonus point system. I wish I knew then what I know now.
IMG_0270.jpeg