Jerky Marinade

Twtxga

FNG
I have always just used soy or teriyaki sauce and some hot sauce. What do yall like beat for a Marinade/brine. Im going to try something new with my next batch.

020A135A-C33F-4021-938C-DA66C4987F4A.jpeg
That’s for about two pounds. Adjust quantities as needed. It will have a bit of spice to it.

I also add about a teaspoon of Prague powder for 5lb of meat.

Last edited:

mjs270

FNG
I tried a bunch of different recipes but settled on this one. Haven't had anyone say they haven't liked it yet when I've handed it out.

1lb meat
1tsp. salt
2 Tbsp Ketchup
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp worchestershire
1 Tbsp Liquid Smoke
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder

If you're looking for something with a kick to it, this isn't it. Just looking for a mild good flavor, it's a winner.

Jimss

WKR
You can always use the ready-made recipes from Sportsmans, Cabelas, etc. I've used them plus add additional ingredients available at the local grocery store's seasoning section. I marinade overnight plus also flake additional ingredients that I sprinkle on top and dab into the strips just prior to setting in the dehydrator. I often take ready-made seasonings and add them to the top and bottom with pepper and other ingredients. The sprinkled seasonings on top is an added touch that gives a lot more flavor in each bite!

You can buy a jar of pepper at your grocery store that has a mini-grinder. Montreal Steak Seasoning makes a couple seasonings that include garlic, peppers, papyrika that is pretty darn good!