Joint/tendon pain-----creams/rubs/oils?

Preston

Lil-Rokslider
Certified cbd oil is the only thing I’ve found that works, I’ve tried willow bark, bio freeze, deep blue, and blue emu, and good cbd really works

Heat and Ice. What does your stretching routine look like? What does your collagen intake look like??
Generally, things like Icy/Hot is a "distraction" from the pain and doesn't actually address the need.

CBD is not for everyone. I've tried it for inflammation and it was useless but its definitely user dependent. I've found that all my aches and pains are due to a need for proper stetching and rehab work

Jon_G

WKR
You can also give these a try. I have a bad elbow and I ordered some. Only been about 2 weeks so I can't tell you myself that they work but there's lots of good reviews about them.

RobinW

FNG
Voltaren gel! best deal is at Costco. I broke my toe, and sprained my big toe joint, and Gabapentin and Voltaren helped me walk 40 miles at disney a week later (not my smartest move).

But for me, with something tendon pain, Voltaren can completely make it disappear for 3 to 4 hours. Crunchy arthritis fingers feel normal again.

I'm also experimenting with Magnesium based creams, that I wanted to take into the backcountry for muscle cramps, but the one I got also has some peppermint. I decided to leave it home and not become a minty snack for a Grizzly. but runners swear by the magnesium for sore muscles.

I have arthritis in both of my feet. One is due to surgery on one foot in 2016, and the other for overuse in the big toe area.
Here is what I have used and what has not worked:
1) CBD oil, expensive, supposedly good stuff, not gas station brads
2) Arnica gel
3) Biofreeze, distracts the pain with the evaporation of menthol
4) Aspercreme- useless

Supplements:

Loads of Turmeric: high number of Curcumin taken with black pepper and fat
Boswellia- nothing
Devils Claw_ nothing
Glucosamine chondroitin- nothing
The above supplements were good brands that have been around for a long time.

What have I used that has worked well:
Celebrex
Voltaren

If others have some suggestions as to what has helped them, and what I have not used please tell me.

If the above has helped you, I am happy for you, truly, without being sarcastic.
I'm just commenting on what has worked for me.
Again looking for help and posting what has helped me.
I learned a long time ago it is better to help yourself than to ask a Doctor. They seem to read from the same script.

505Wapiti

WKR
I take Krill oil daily along with other vitamins, etc. it may not work for everyone, but when I take it regularly the snap crackle pop in my joints goes away and I seem to have less pain as well, especially in my knees and shoulders. May not work for you but I can tell a difference when I’m out of it and don’t take it. I’m over 50 so YMMV. Pretty sure OP ZAP was asking about topical stuff but I’ve yet to find anything that works that is applied externally.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
I found the 1% nsaid cream works well. Gone thru almost 1 tube with 2x a day applications. I stopped my meloxicam (nsaid) med during that and fell better..now I need to cut down the use and see how that goes.

LostArra

WKR
The overall convenience and consistent dosing of once a day nsaid (meloxicam) beats any topical (nsaid, herbal, oil, cbd, magnesium) for me by a very large margin. It also works better than ibuprofen or naproxen probably because of consistent dosing.

I open a tumeric/piperine capsule and put it on food like salad or eggs daily but probably more for voodoo superstition reasons.. When I finally run out of capsules I'll probably just use the tumeric spice and plain black pepper.

I really like 24/7 R&R made by Triplicare. I’ve had several overuse injuries in my wrist, shoulder and knee and it’s worked great. You can buy it on Amazon.

Will_m

WKR
Adding collagen to my morning coffee has helped my knees. It's worth a try.
I’m only saying this because I thought it was funny when I heard it..no weight on its validity.

Eating collagen to improve joint health is like eating brains to get smarter.

Yeah I've read that too. At least I know I have read that regarding glucosamine. I don't take many supplements, but I did try a lot of different things when my knees started giving my trouble. It's a cheap and quick thing to test. Just thought I'd try to help.