Justin and littlebuf's elk hunt

rodney482

WKR
Sounds like that first week was the same nasty storms we hunted through in Idaho... It really sucked

rodney482

WKR
Those packs look 100# plus... I still have bruising on my shoulders when I packed out all my gear damp.

littlebuf

Banned
Those packs look 100# plus... I still have bruising on my shoulders when I packed out all my gear damp.

the pack back to camp was way over 100 each. we got him to camp in one trip. Justin had half the elk and both bows and I had the other half and his head. wasn't fun but it was pretty bad ass

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys! We have been having a blast out there this year. Littlebuf really put the time in on this hunt. He really deserved this one.

Looks like littlebuf, Brock A and myself will be back after bears and mulies next weekend!

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice job guys. Only 2 types of picture messages I like waking up to at 1am...that was one of them ;-)

Congrats guys!
I just got back home from a week of backpacking into Oregon's Wilderness helping a buddy w/ his archery hunt, and nothing was bugling. We got on bachler bunch of 6 bulls the first day but wind busted us. Didn't hear a single bugle that week. Back for a couple days and then head'n back in this morn for the close. Maybe they'll be bugling more.
Hunt'nFish

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great bull way to hang in there with this weather. Nothing like going from a zero to a hero nice shooting