Justin and littlebuf's elk hunt

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Littlebuf and I will be hunting archery elk together and we should have cell service most of the time.

Littlebuf is already up there and said he is seeing good sign. He told me today that we have a few bulls on the trail cam that he set up near our camp a couple weeks ago.

I'll be hiking in on Friday to meet up with him. Should be a good time. I'll try to post as often as possible while I'm up there.

mtbshark

WKR
Good luck you two. I hope for a good read when I get back from my 9 day wa elk that I leave for Friday eve. Looks like west side might be real warm next week.

littlebuf

Banned
Update. Big thunder storm went through last night and nothing was talking. Supposed to get a big rain again tonight so im not expect ting much till the high pressure moves in Friday. So far three cows, all by them selves and 1 porkypine. There's a bunch a elk up here though and the rut should be kicking off soon

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Update. Big thunder storm went through last night and nothing was talking. Supposed to get a big rain again tonight so im not expect ting much till the high pressure moves in Friday. So far three cows, all by them selves and 1 porkypine. There's a bunch a elk up here though and the rut should be kicking off soon

Rut is going to kick off soon as in Tuesday when I head in?

This morning at 4 a.m. I was feeding the dog outside and looked in your direction at all the thunder and lighting in the mountains and thought to myself "Poor littlebuf, up there all by his lonesome"

Good luck!

gelton

WKR
Someone told me littlebuff was a teddy bear he must have been scared of all that lightening. Keep calm and stay far away from fanboys like me:) good luck guys.

Ironman8

WKR
No kidding, this is torture grinding away in the office while you guys get to enjoy hunting in God's Country.

Jealous, but good luck!

(and we need pics!)

littlebuf

Banned
Rut is going to kick off soon as in Tuesday when I head in?

This morning at 4 a.m. I was feeding the dog outside and looked in your direction at all the thunder and lighting in the mountains and thought to myself "Poor littlebuf, up there all by his lonesome"

Good luck!

Plus my head lamp shit on me so I'm up here in the dark till Justin brings me one Friday. Yup lesson learned, double check for back up head lamp

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I'm meeting littlebuf's wife right now to grab his backup headlamp.

Tomorrow is going to suck at work. Should hit the trailhead in time for an evening hunt though!

littlebuf

Banned
Holy crap I don't think I've ever been in a storm like this before! Thunder for two hours strait now. Probably got 2 inches of rain in about 45 min before it turned to hail. Rain put my fire out in like 5 min! And it was a big fire, half under a tarp. God thing these neo airs float. May be the only way I male it through. Wish me luck , hope I don't get hit by lightning

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I just weighed my pack for this weekend's elk hunt.

It weighed 38.5 lbs. with everything included except my boots. That includes all the clothes I'll be wearing plus my bow and water. So total "skin out" weight besides my boots. I thought that was pretty good!