1d5014acc1ee182a452d5fc3d098ab5b.jpeg

Said it was with his Christensen Arms MPR in 338 Lapua Improved & baited

Second good bear for the Rok crew.

Good luck to all you Roksliders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for all the comments guys! I only had four days to hunt and was very happy to get this guy on the last evening. He was very fat and healthy so I'll have a lot of breakfast sausage!

Long range? Phone skope footage? Lets see it!
I was hunting with the 338 because we have baits out to about 600 yards but this one ended up being 140 yards. I didn't get any video of the shot. The 300 grain Berger was very impressive at that range though and dropped the bear right in his tracks.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I finished cutting him up on Wednesday and dropped the trim off at the butcher. I'm having them make me 30 pounds of breakfast sausage and 20 pounds of Italian sausage.

20220608_171757.jpg

Holy smokes this bear had a lot of fat for a spring bear.

20220608_171851.jpg

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nicely done! That bear is in great shape with a thick layer of fat. You'll have some great eating sausage. Your bear is the exact opposite of the ones we shot this spring. They were all sagging skin and atrophied muscle here. Last fall was rough for them in the food department.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Nicely done! That bear is in great shape with a thick layer of fat. You'll have some great eating sausage. Your bear is the exact opposite of the ones we shot this spring. They were all sagging skin and atrophied muscle here. Last fall was rough for them in the food department.
Thanks! The rest of the bears didn't have nearly as much fat on them. I'm thinking this one had a really good den.