K4 5000 accessories?

KC1

FNG
I'm about to purchase the K4 5000 from Exo mtn gear. What accessories are 'must have'?

Nalgene holder, maybe a belt pouch or 2?, rifle holder, and maybe a stash pocket?

The orange lid if you hunt somewhere you need orange or want orange?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OP
KC1

KC1

FNG
Is the stash pocket just for small things you don’t want rolling around inside the pack?

Is the stash pocket just for small things you don’t want rolling around inside the pack?
Yea.. small stuff. I put mine in the water bladder sleeve, and that's where I put my wallet/tags/keys

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

RyanC

WKR
Everyone is different but I think these 2 are a must have: Nalgene Holder and a Belt Pouch or 2.
A stash pocket is nice and I like that they clip into different areas of the pack, so something to consider.
If you plan on training with your pack.......ie carrying heavy loads in the form of a sandbag, the crib is nice to have as well.

Great packs, you won't be disappointed.

I have a Nalgene holder and an accessory pouch. Am ordering another of each so I have on each side. They're great. Release on one side, snacks/phone on the other.

Nalgene holder is brilliant. I like the stash pocket for car keys and other things I don't want lost. I got the belt pocket and use it, but I would have been just fine without it. It's nice to throw some extra rounds and a compass in, but that's about it.

ChrisAU

WKR
Can anyone comment on how well or not a 1L smart water bottle works in the nalgene holder? Ordering a pack next week and not sure if I want to try there holder out or just make my FHF bottle holder work.

Can anyone comment on how well or not a 1L smart water bottle works in the nalgene holder? Ordering a pack next week and not sure if I want to try there holder out or just make my FHF bottle holder work.
It would accept the bottle, but it won't hold it securely. The elastic on the top is designed to curve around and hold a Nalgene bottle in with a decent amount of friction. There isn't any adjustment in the retention.

jlc1993

FNG
They’re releasing more (at least the rifle carrier) near the end of the month so you may want to hold off. But the Nalgene holster is a must.

Is there a signi
Everyone is different but I think these 2 are a must have: Nalgene Holder and a Belt Pouch or 2.
A stash pocket is nice and I like that they clip into different areas of the pack, so something to consider.
If you plan on training with your pack.......ie carrying heavy loads in the form of a sandbag, the crib is nice to have as well.

Great packs, you won't be disappointed.
What does the crib do that helps with training packs?

RyanC

WKR
What does the crib do that helps with training packs?
You can take the bag off of the frame and load a sandbag on the frame and use the crib to strap it down. Holds the sandbag on the frame really well.

jlc1993

FNG
You can take the bag off of the frame and load a sandbag on the frame and use the crib to strap it down. Holds the sandbag on the frame really well.
I see. So otherwise, you would need to leave to pack on the frame, similar to if you were hauling out a load? I'm waiting on my K4 in the mail currently and can't wait to get my hands on it!

WhiskeyDoc

Lil-Rokslider
I see. So otherwise, you would need to leave to pack on the frame, similar to if you were hauling out a load? I'm waiting on my K4 in the mail currently and can't wait to get my hands on it!

Yeah you can use the bag, the crib, or both. Many, including me, choose to use just the crib for training to save wear and tear on the bag. It works great.

I'm about to buy the crib. Just seems like a really practical thing to maximize packing comfort. I wish they'd just include with the bag.

Same with the strap keepers. I bought a couple of those as well and don't really understand why you wouldn't want them (inclde them stock)? Anyone have thoughts on why you wouldnt want to run them?

Gotta have strap keepers. The first time you've got the lid straps and load lifter straps whipping you in the face/eyes when it's really windy you'll wish you had them.