Kauai hunting/spear fishing contacts?

abbrown

Lil-Rokslider
Headed to the island for week and a half this next week. Anyone have any experience spearfishing out there, or getting into hog, goat or blacktail hunting? Would love any contacts or suggestions.

Much appreciated!

Purdue

FNG
I’ll be following your thread, headed there next year for our 25th anniversary and would like to do some spear fishing as well. I would enjoy hearing about your experience if you end up going. Have fun!

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Headed to Maui tomorrow….
I asked some locals I met through BJJ, who also spear fish, they told me to go to Maui Spearfishing Academy. I had a great time with them. I was in a group of 5, we all got shots on some invasive species. I tried to get an octopus out of its hole without any luck. I'd highly recommend it.

Ridley

Lil-Rokslider
Headed to the island for week and a half this next week. Anyone have any experience spearfishing out there, or getting into hog, goat or blacktail hunting? Would love any contacts or suggestions.

Much appreciated!
There was another thread here on RS asking about similar guide services on Kauai and I posted a link to an outfit out of Eleele, but can’t remember the name at the moment. I go to Kauai often but have never used them. I seem to remember a few thumbs up from RS members about that particular guide. Please keep us updated on your trip.

I’m currently here. I didn’t research too hard and kinda gave up (hunting). Did see pigs on the neighbors property in a canyon. Did see feral goats on another property. Weather been kinda shitty. Hard rain off and on. Bring your ear pro. Holy shit…there are literally 1,000,000 feral chickens. They start at 0100 and don’t stop. If you’ve ever been in a tornado of snow geese….its like that. All night. But we are staying with friends who have some acreage off the beaten path. A but rural. Doubt the main strip is as bad. But I’d pay for an air gun safari on the chickens if it was an option. Be an All Day shoot

Much appreciated!
I'm envious! Good luck, and as others have said, please post a story when you get back. Are you bow or rifle hunting?

Ridley

Lil-Rokslider
I hear you on the chickens. A number of them haven’t left our property. Lots of pigs. I need to bring my bow next time I’m there.

svivian

WKR
You’ll have a hard time finding a place to hunt unless you know someone already.

If you are bringing your own Spearfishing equipment there are great places to shore dive everywhere. If you’re looking for more pelagic then you could rent a boat and dive the fads. FAD locations are posted publicly and easily accessible.