Kelbly Nanook in a Gunwerks Clymr?

mvv5137

FNG
Morning Team,

I was able to get my hands on a Gunwerks Clymr component stock inletted for the Gunwerks grb/glr/Remington 700. Has anyone put a Kelbly Nanook action in one of these? How much inletting work is required?

Thanks in advance!

I dont have any of these components but just looking at them the nanook has a trigger hanger and the gunwerks does not so that may require some. I guess I would ask if you dont already own or have the nanook on order why dont you just buy the gunwerks action?

OP
M

mvv5137

FNG
Unfortunately, I already have a barreled nanook action. Hindsight’s 20/20, but it’s what I’m working with. I actually ordered a different carbon stock. It took 12 weeks to get and when it came in Kelbly’s said it was such poor quality they didn’t want to use it in one of their builds. So now I’m scrambling. The Clymr is the best I can do on short notice within the weight range I want. I also love the stock, my buddy has one and it shoots like a dream.

Makes sense another rem700 style stock you could consider would be the rokstok. Has very similar features that the clymr does. They would mill the stock to fit your action if it doesnt already.