Kenetrek mountain extreme 400

ROJO23

FNG
I bought a pair last year, and I really like them. I have pretty screwed up feet and it is usually pretty hard to find a good fitting boot. I typically where 12 EEEE, and their 12EE fit great. They are pretty stiff, but I didn't get the first blister or have any issues with break in. I hunted CO this past season, and they will be my go to boot from now on.

OldGrayJB

WKR
Haven't worn the 400g but I have a pair of uninsulated. Great boots in my opinion. I prefer a leather boot because the waterproofing seems more reliable. The soles are stiff enough to prevent foot fatigue when packing heavy. And they fit my feet good.

Some people prefer shorter synthetic boots because they're lighter weight. And leather can stretch when wet, and shrink when heated. Some don't like stiff boots because they make a lot of noise, especially when hiking in gravel.

There is no perfect boot but the Kenetreks are hard to beat.

I have worn the 400g for the past 5 years now. Warm for late fall and early winter hunts. Never had a hot spot or blister. Comfortable and durable. Just bought a pair of un-insulated on Black Friday for summer hunting.

auphus1

FNG
I love mine. Been wearing them for 4 years. I will be buying an uninsulated pair

What they said.
If you've never worn a pretty stiff boot before, I recommend walking around a bit with them and upstairs if possible before buying.

Scottyboy203

Lil-Rokslider
Love mine and I have narrow flat feet. Hard for me to find a boot that fits good and these are awesome. Gonna get another pair uninsulated as well.

Elkhntr08

WKR
Have a C width foot and the narrow fits perfectly. Dealing with a hyperextended big toe right now, so the stiff sole is great.

brsnow

WKR
Is the weight noticeable? 400 too hot for archery early season in the mountains?

EastMT

WKR
They are good boots, but they didn’t fit my feet right. They killed me up/down steep slopes. On the flats they were great. Make sure they fit you right and you should be good.

I tried every fancy way of tying the laces to lock my heel, just too flat footed and narrow feet, slopped around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dgarrett

Lil-Rokslider
These boots are great... well built and gave better ankle support then any others I have tried.... The sole is super hard and last but maybe not that great for gripping ice and rock...I have a brand new pair of 400gr Crispi and the sole is sticky and rubbery... Hope this helps on the ice...

KG406

FNG
I have an embarrassing number of boots and these are my favorite for later season. The 400gr are way too hot for me in the early season, but when its snowy and temps aren't breaking 40* they are my go to. Have held up pretty well, except the rubber rand just started pealing this year after being left too close to the wood stove

They are a great boot! I ran them for about a dozen years. I like the 400 gr boot so I can run them year around. They are relatively stiff so you need to like a stiff boot.

AdventureAwaits

FNG
Classified Approved
Love mine and I have narrow flat feet. Hard for me to find a boot that fits good and these are awesome. Gonna get another pair uninsulated as well.
Did you go with the narrow or medium fit? I feel like I am right in the middle of the two and the narrow is a bit tight. Do they loosen up as break in occurs?