Kenetrek or Zamberlan boots?

Clrems77

WKR
Looking for a cold weather boot for the Mid season hunt. I’ve got boots for warm days and pac boots for the snow, but nothing in between. I know most love the Kenetrek Mountain extreme, but I get a really good discount on Zamberlan. Suggestions greatly appreciated!

Mosby

WKR
I have a pair of Zamberlain's that I use for cold weather hunts. I have a wide foot and they are extremely comfortable for me and nice with thicker socks. All leather with a great vibram sole. They are an older model that they don't make anymore. Around 500 gr of insulation, if I remember correctly. I have never tried Kenetrek boots, so I can't help there. I do have a couple of pair of Lowa Tibet's that I use a lot and recommend them highly as well. I would buy the boot that fits your foot the best.

Wyomuleskinner

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a pair of kenetrec boots they are not comfortable and I would not recommend them. My next pair will be a Schnees boot

Terrapin

WKR
I have never been disappointed in anything from Zamberlan... and I have bought numerous pairs. They fit me perfectly every time, and last as well or better than any boot. It’s also owned and run by the Zamberlan family and they build all of their boots in the same factory in Italy. As far as I know Kennetrek is just a company with a cool name that private labels boots made by numerous vendors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catahoula

WKR
I will say I know nothing of Zamberlan, other than the name, but I have had two pairs of Kenetrek‘s. Great boot but I actually switched to Crispi’s two seasons back. For my wheels..... super comfy and great support all around. Good luck.

lmeyer

WKR
I have a pair of Zamberlain's that I use for cold weather hunts. I have a wide foot and they are extremely comfortable for me and nice with thicker socks. All leather with a great vibram sole. They are an older model that they don't make anymore. Around 500 gr of insulation, if I remember correctly. I have never tried Kenetrek boots, so I can't help there. I do have a couple of pair of Lowa Tibet's that I use a lot and recommend them highly as well. I would buy the boot that fits your foot the best.
What si,ze do you normally wear and what do you wear in the zamberlans?

Mosby

WKR
What si,ze do you normally wear and what do you wear in the zamberlans?
I normally wear a 13 wide in the Lowa's(and just about everything else) and wear the same in the Zamberlan's. The Zamberlan's have a little more room in the foot box than the Lowa's, which I like in colder weather.

Benjblt

WKR
Kenetrek's fit my feet better than any boot I've ever owned. My issue was they didn't seem to remain waterproof. That might have been my fault as I got them too close to the stove. Honestly, I think the future of boots is in synthetics and a boot may already exist that fits the bill for cold weather hunting. I think gaitors add a great deal of warmth and protection so you might want to consider adding that if you haven't already. So many "waterproof" boots leak and adding gaitors take care of that issue generally.

ELKOHUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
I've ran zamberlan for the last 12 years. My feet prefer the 980s the most. They don't have insulation but for October hunting my feet stayed warm while moving. I also have a pair of the cougars and my feet get cold in the summer in those. Can't speak for the other brand mentioned.

elkhntr

FNG
I have not worn Zamberlan boots, but the Kenetrek boots, insoles, and socks have been amazing.

I have never been disappointed in anything from Zamberlan... and I have bought numerous pairs. They fit me perfectly every time, and last as well or better than any boot. It’s also owned and run by the Zamberlan family and they build all of their boots in the same factory in Italy. As far as I know Kennetrek is just a company with a cool name that private labels boots made by numerous vendors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perfect I am going to give these a try!

I've got a pair (3 years now) of zamberlan outfitter 980's and they make for a phenomenal "later-in-the-season" boot when temps are a bit lower but ther'es not enough snow yet to warrant pac boots

seem to run true to size also.

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
I’d go with Kenetrek myself. I have the mountain guides UI for hunting and the Hard Tacticals for work. I like the support and comfort they offer and will be adding a set of 400g Mountain guides in the future. I have not had any waterproofing issues with either set, my mountain guides have taken me through some swamps and creek crossings and the Hard Tacticals have taken me into many flooded cells with who knows what in that water. They’re comfortable enough for 12+ hour days, durable and my only real complaint is that the outsole on the Hard Tacticals is slick on lightly wet (think freshly mopped) concrete flooring. With the mountain guides I have yet to find something I view as a con.

nrh6.7

WKR
Looks like Zamberlan is releasing a new winter boot this August. It seems like many cold weather boots also have mountaineering soles, which make them too stiff for my liking. These have the sole of the 980 outfitter, but with insulation and a built in gaiter. Not sure about the BOA lacing system, but I may end up ordering these for late season hunts.

3031 Polar GTX

pirogue

WKR
I’ve got Kenetrek uninsulated and Zamberlan insulated hikers. Use the Zamberlans in non-stand situations and feet stay warm. Like the Z over K.

Montero

Lil-Rokslider
I like the kenetrek mountain and guide mountain. I found the KTalon sole to be real good traction on snow and some ice. I use Zamberlan Dakotas for upland hunting. Both good boots and I'm lucky that they seem to both fit my wider foot well. Good luck seems like lots of good boots out there.

406unltd

WKR
I use the zam 980 outfitter and that sucker is surprisingly warm. Not insulated but it seems to do a great job keeping my feet plenty warm for 50/50 and 75/25 active/ stationary day hunts in western Montana. My feet don’t get cold super easy though. The boots are pretty padded and that must help some. Very comfortable, stable support at 10”, great traction and seem to be very durable as you would expect.

Northpark

WKR
I love my Zamberlan Guide GTX boots. I’ve had mine for 2 1/2 years now. Beat them up hunting and on the fireline. I will be buying another pair after this season. I use them for any active hunt year round. Only time my feet get cold is if I sit for more than 30 minutes when the temp gets below about 10-15 degrees

Bowhnter

FNG
I really like my mountain extremes but that didn't come without a lot of issues. Ive had to send them in to have the heel pockets stretched due to tearing my heals off and a busted eyelet. If I could do it all over again I'd prob go with Lowa.