KIFARU ARK FRAME review

I'm wondering about body shape and fit preference on this frame.

I've got a k3 I've used the last few years and was geared up to move to the k4 last year but it didn't happen.

I'm 5'9-10 and about 160lbs. Skinny sort of athletic build. My wife tells me I have an ASS and I'm not sure, but I think I've got a fairly deep lumbar curve. I've also got sizeable quads and

In my use of the k3, I've found that with 75+ pounds I have to get that belt friggin tight, but it still seems to end up slipping while hiking (maybe due to belt loosening). Either way, I have to get it so tight that it's painful on the hips. I use the extra foam exo provides in the lumbar pad.

I'm wondering, when I finally get around to updating my pack, would this kifaru frame likely work better for me? From what I've read on body types that prefer kifaru belts, I'm thinking it might

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I'm wondering about body shape and fit preference on this frame.

I've got a k3 I've used the last few years and was geared up to move to the k4 last year but it didn't happen.

I'm 5'9-10 and about 160lbs. Skinny sort of athletic build. My wife tells me I have an ASS and I'm not sure, but I think I've got a fairly deep lumbar curve. I've also got sizeable quads and

In my use of the k3, I've found that with 75+ pounds I have to get that belt friggin tight, but it still seems to end up slipping while hiking (maybe due to belt loosening). Either way, I have to get it so tight that it's painful on the hips. I use the extra foam exo provides in the lumbar pad.

I'm wondering, when I finally get around to updating my pack, would this kifaru frame likely work better for me? From what I've read on body types that prefer kifaru belts, I'm thinking it might
Congrats on a wife that likes your A$$, you have already won the race!.

I am 5' 11" and 185lbs with a butt that says I did not skip leg day. I have use the flat and curved Duplex frames and prefer the curved frames. The Ark fits me better than either.

Maverick1

WKR
@Tony Trietch - for transparency, please share if you are affiliated or "compensated" by Kifaru in any way, shape, or form. (I intentionally put the quotation marks around compensation to avoid any wiggle room; that can be defined as financial, clothing, packs, frames, hunts, etc. - basically anything to gain.)

I got my hands on it at the Western Hunt Expo. Seems really nice, they mad some adjustments to areas that were prone to higher amounts of wear. I think it is pretty sweet. Hard to say if it is worth upgrading from a newer duplex frame if you already have one, but if you were in the market for a brand new pack I would be all in.