Kifaru Bino Harness Shipping Delays

Is anyone else waiting for their Kifaru bino harness to ship?

I ordered a large on May 8th after they were unable to update the preorder I placed May 5th when they went on sale. I've emailed a couple of times for a status over the last month and the response last Friday (July 28th) was, I have great news! Your order is in stock and just waiting for shipping to grab it. We started shipping the deluxe harnesses yesterday! You should get a shipping notification soon!

Am I alone? Am I being unreasonable? It's a good problem for a business to have too much business, but I'm a little surprised given the reputation Kifaru has or had. Social media guys got theirs in early June and I'm leaving for a scouting trip 14 hours away and won't have it in time.

I switched to their pack earlier this year and like it. When I have contacted them, they've been very friendly. Figured I'd do a sense check here to see what others think. Frustrating to have more things to think about while getting ready for the season.

Jotis

WKR
Is anyone else waiting for their Kifaru bino harness to ship?

I ordered a large on May 8th after they were unable to update the preorder I placed May 5th when they went on sale. I've emailed a couple of times for a status over the last month and the response last Friday (July 28th) was, I have great news! Your order is in stock and just waiting for shipping to grab it. We started shipping the deluxe harnesses yesterday! You should get a shipping notification soon!

Am I alone? Am I being unreasonable? It's a good problem for a business to have too much business, but I'm a little surprised given the reputation Kifaru has or had. Social media guys got theirs in early June and I'm leaving for a scouting trip 14 hours away and won't have it in time.

I switched to their pack earlier this year and like it. When I have contacted them, they've been very friendly. Figured I'd do a sense check here to see what others think. Frustrating to have more things to think about while getting ready for the season.
I am in the same boat as you. Funny how they have a hard time responding to emails lately or update anyone about the delay in shipping. It seems since the move to Wyoming they have can down hill

I ordered mine May 5. Still waiting for it to ship. It did say if you ordered the fully loaded it wouldn't ship till it was all ready. I'm not too worried about it. It will get here. I noticed there site says the bino harnesses should all be shipped by next week. I was looking last night and thought about ordering one other thing for the fall hunts thinking maybe it could get added to the order shipment.

WBrim

WKR
I was starting to worry about not having it for archery season and sent an email yesterday (right before reading this thread). It was after hours when I sent it, and first thing this morning I had a response. They told me there are several shipping today, and mine is likely part of todays shipments.
They also said they’d follow up and let me know as soon as they confirm mine is on the way.

They were very helpful, really quick response. I do wish I already had it in hand, but I appreciated the communication.

churley15

FNG
Classified Approved
Still waiting on shipping, ordered a couple of buckles recently too and those haven’t even shipped yet either… I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt for now. But it is worrisome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoping they post more mediums up if not pry going to jump over to Kuiu unless I can find a catch and release here.

I didn’t know what pair of binos I was going to pickup when they had presale should’ve stuck with my gut because I did end up with them.

I’m still waiting, but understand that things are weird with supply and demand lately, so I’ll keep patiently waiting and look forward to getting it… I’m not too worried about it, I just hope it’s worth the wait.

I have always thought they would build a good harness… if I don’t like it then it’ll be easy to get rid of and get a catamount gen 2…. There is getting to finally be some good options

OP
S
I was told mine was in stock and waiting for shipping to pick up my order when I emailed Kifaru on July 27th. I don't really see a supply, demand issue here... a staffing issue, maybe.

The update is that there isn't an update. I'm on my scouting trip and still no shipping notification.

JDB9818

WKR
I waited a little once pre-orders started but still got my order in on May 15. Still no shipping notification even though they said they would start getting them out last week of June or first week of July.

Contrast that to Exo and the release of their new pack earlier this year. I pre-ordered there and they were spot on with shipping. They have since released other accessories and were accurate and held true to their projected release dates and I had those items within days.

Bottom line, Exo under promised and continue to over deliver. Kifaru over promised and under delivered. Exo built an entirely new pack system, Kifaru is just building a bino harness.

I have other Kifaru products, so I'm not just hating on them (I'd replace my LPP in a second if anything happened to it). They were 30 minutes from my house when they were in Colorado and I tried to support them when possible. I haven't always enjoyed the same level of customer service from them as some of the other people on here, in fact that was one of the reasons for switching from Kifaru to Exo for packs. It's been nearly a year since their move, they can't continue to use that as an excuse.

I'm still looking forward to giving the harness a try. I don't know if it will replace my Marsupial, but I like the potential for a couple of the features. Archery elk starts in just over 3 weeks, I hope to at least have the harness by then.

Just my .02

Pramo

WKR
I was in the pre-order waiting game and cancelled the order last week. I used the email/ticket system, the CS was prompt and no issues. I would have liked to try it but getting to close to archery elk at this point to use something I wasn't sure I'd like.

WBrim

WKR
Just got my shipping info. It is later than I had expected, but I’ll have it before archery starts.

OP
S
Final update to close out this thread. Mine shipped Aug. 11th and I got it today (Aug. 14th). Hopefully everyone else that pre-ordered is having similar luck.

Not crazy about some of the ugly stitching however, durability and utility are my top two priorities. As I handle it more, it's growing on me. We'll see after break-in and a few hikes to confirm if it's coming with me on my hunt. Right now my initial impression is yes.20230814_183317.jpg

I’m just glad I wasn’t complaining about the wait, because my dumbass had it shipped to my other house, and it showed up today but won’t be able to get it until Sunday, haha

I delayed my own order by a week for not paying attention

As long as it holds up to kifaru durability, I don’t care if the stitches are perfect, and would rather have the current price point, than another 30-50$ more

I’m very utilitarian with gear, just needs to function and last, I’m ok with a little ugly. I proved that theory many times (shot a Mach 1 for a few years, and just put a quivalizer on my bow, both respectively ugliest in class items)

OP
S
Agreed! I assume the shipping delay and uneven seams are rooted in the same issue, the sewers. I hope Kifaru can resolve it. While utility and durability are my priorities, I can see how some would be turned off by the uneven seams.

I'll add that the accessory pouches cover this part of the harness.

I'll take it on a 4 mile ruck tonight in a wildlife preserve near my home for proof of concept.