Kifaru FULL-ZIP Lost Park Parka now for order!!

dotman

WKR
How would you compare the Lost Parka to the Kuiu *gasp* Kenai jacket? How much more durable is it?

Imo, you can’t compare the two as they are for completely diff situations. The Kenai is more of a midlayer item you could wear while moving and is highly breathable and doesn’t fully block wind. My lost Park is to protect me from the elements while stationary or in sub 0 temps, I’m not hiking in it unless it’s sub 0, I’m not using a kenai as my outter layer puffy in nearly as cold of tempts and will need a hard shell over it when stationary.

The Kenai is closer to the same application you would use the FL Sawtooth. Can be used as an outter layer in warmer early season or midlayer as it gets cooler.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Do you feel like you lost opportunity with a bow due to to noise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe, I don't hunt in a puffy on purpose. I shot these two elk within 500 yards of where I set up a little basecamp. I walked over in the dark and called them in just after daybreak. Elk make a lot of noise when they move. They are far less likely to hear me than a whitetail that's scared of everything. BUT I think hunters as a group worry about noise way too much in western hunting situations. Hell, I shot a bull with old army PVC raingear on. Everything within 300 yards had to hear me. These are just my OPINIONS, and like assholes we all have them! :)

Just look to see how many used Kifaru LPP are for sale...that says enough about how much of a gem it is!

N2TRKYS

WKR
My guess is that it's just as loud due to the very similar construction. What didn't you like about the fit? Did you try it with the new or old shoulder styles?

I bought the pullover a month or so ago. It seemed tight putting it on, but swallowed me once it was on. Idk, it just seemed like a weird fit for me. I hope that makes sense.

MIKEYB

WKR
A couple of features I like about the pullover that seem to have been dropped on the full zip are ability to remove the hood and the high collar.

I just got back from a trip up to Kifaru to grab a cargo net and tried one on.

A few differences from the pullover:

- Hood is now attached; no zipper.
- The angle of entry into the pockets seems a little more natural.
- The sizing has changed a bit and you should probably order your t-shirt size now. The chest is a little bigger and the length is a little longer.
- EXCEPT if you have very broad shoulders then you might have to size up. I would not be able to draw a bow in an XL as it's too tight in the upper shoulder area so I'm gonna need a XXL (which they don't have right now).
- There is a nice draft tube behind the zipper, so I don't think warmth is going to be effected as much as I was worried it would.

DWinVA

WKR
I used the pullover in our VA late season (muzzleloader) and he kept me warm. I can’t imagine getting archery shots at 30 yards and under on the Whitetail around here without them hearing this jacket. With that being said I really like the pullover and it never gets that cold during our early archery season.

God Bless.

I always come to the same place, it looks ugly and is noisy. I wish someone made a waterproof outer jacket like this with serious insulation that was silent enough to use bow hunting and reversible with a white side for snow.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I always come to the same place, it looks ugly and is noisy. I wish someone made a waterproof outer jacket like this with serious insulation that was silent enough to use bow hunting and reversible with a white side for snow.

My Drake MST pullover is super warm and waterproof, however, I doubt they offer a reversible option. I bowhunt in mine.

dotman

WKR

Because there isn’t a market for that, that’s why you don’t see it. To do that would be heavy and most archery seasons are in decent weather compared to rifle.

ahlgringo

WKR
The high collar on my pullover is a big reason I bought it- so a little bummed to see it go. I dont mind “pulling it on” so prob not gonna get one of these. Nice to have options though.

I have also shot a bull during bow season with it on and dont really think noise was an issue. But- i an not a whitetail hunter either.

I understand everone is different when it comes to temps- but- to me- this thing is warm- but still put on another layer when it gets 0 and not moving. I actually like to keep it on when moving and packed out a cow with it on this yr without sweating in about 5 degree cold. It was mostly uphill, and yes I was movin trying to beat the sunset.

Bottomline- awesome piece of gear that goes on every hunt past mid sept. But keepin my raglan sleeved pullover.

The high collar on my pullover is a big reason I bought it- so a little bummed to see it go. I dont mind “pulling it on” so prob not gonna get one of these. Nice to have options though.

I have also shot a bull during bow season with it on and dont really think noise was an issue. But- i an not a whitetail hunter either.

I'm not sure the collar is as short as it appears on the mannequin. Without the removable hood it's hard to tell, but I didn't feel like it was that much shorter when I tried it on, but I didn't specifically pay attention to it. Next time I'm in I'll specifically look at it.

From what I've seen Elk don't give a shit what's up in the trees. I once intentionally tried to spook some elk near dusk towards some others in our group after I had just shot one in the herd with a muzzleloader by standing up, stomping, waving my hands and they didn't give a shit until I got on the ladder and headed towards the ground. I do think that there are a lot of people overly sensitive to noise, but whitetail are a whole different beast.