Kifaru Hooligan

I think he may be confusing the two himself. No where on the website page for the Hooligan does it mention a meat shelf, nor do I see how this type of pack could have one. You can't detach the frame from the bag and still use the suspension with the frame. The frame is removable but its an internal frame pack.

You are correct, we had our wires crossed. He thought I was asking about the hoodlum instead of the hooligan.

I just want to give Aron a huge shout out because he called me to clear it up. Pretty rare that you get that kind of service from a company. He's earned my business for sure.

Welp, just ordered my Hooligan! I like the position of the top grab handle and the snow collar style top compared to the Shape Charge, plus the little extra CI. If anyone wants a new RG shape charge and/or Gen 2 Claymore pocket I have them in the classifieds, figured I'd offer them here to skip lead times before I send them back to Kifaru.

I actually talked to Aron about this yesterday. This does have a meat shelf (he basically called me a Dumbass for asking because it's says it on the website, I got a kick out of that).

I'm really up in the air between this and the shape charge for a pack to do double duty between the treestand and 2-3 nighters out west. I like the capacity of this one but the full zipper opening of the shape charge.

Already been said, but the Hooligan definitely does not have a load shelf. The Hooligan has an internal frame. The only internal frame that has a load shelf is the Eastern Ruck.. and that load shelf is only for use on one of the frames.

Already been said, but the Hooligan definitely does not have a load shelf. The Hooligan has an internal frame. The only internal frame that has a load shelf is the Eastern Ruck.. and that load shelf is only for use on one of the frames.

Right, I stated above I talked to Aron again. He misspoke and was referencing the hoodlum. Looks like a 44mag may be in my future. Thanks for the replies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anybody had their hands on one yet? Nothing out there yet on this one that I can find.
Yes I have used mine for 2 trips now. Overall it's a large improvement over the older zulu and loco packs. The side pockets are very useful and ergonomic.

On one trip I used the sherman pocket on the face of the hooligan.

Two "downsides" of the hooligan:
One is the suspension, however this is a tactical pack. The targeted users of this will most likely be wearing armor, so the suspension isn't really of use in that scenario. Just keep this in mind.

Second is minor but the sewn in horizontal compression straps should be removable. I can do this on my 14'r and woodsman. When running the sherman pocket on the front I didn't need all of the compression straps.

Yes I have used mine for 2 trips now. Overall it's a large improvement over the older zulu and loco packs. The side pockets are very useful and ergonomic.

On one trip I used the sherman pocket on the face of the hooligan.

Two "downsides" of the hooligan:
One is the suspension, however this is a tactical pack. The targeted users of this will most likely be wearing armor, so the suspension isn't really of use in that scenario. Just keep this in mind.

Second is minor but the sewn in horizontal compression straps should be removable. I can do this on my 14'r and woodsman. When running the sherman pocket on the front I didn't need all of the compression straps.

What don't you like about the suspension? And yeah I noticed that about the straps in the pics and I agree. Not sure why they wouldn't just do a tab loop and k-clip on the sides.

I wouldn't say I don't like the suspension. I need more miles under it to really say. However just note that it's not going to be as comfy as a 14'r that has load lifters, taller stays, lumbar/back padding, etc.

Well it’s here! Think I’m gonna love this one. It’s simple but versatile. A bit strappy, only complaint is the non removable compression straps. After this pic I removed the buckles and rolled them up. Not sure what the exact long term solution will be there. May look into sending it off to have tab loops sewn on right there? All you’d have to do actually is cut the strap off 1.5-2” from the bag and sew it back to itself.

XA9SH9d.jpg

Anyone getting any miles on the Hooligan yet? How is the new suspension with the frame sheet? Should be better than the old KIfarus I would think. Always regretted selling my Zulu.

Well it’s here! Think I’m gonna love this one. It’s simple but versatile. A bit strappy, only complaint is the non removable compression straps. After this pic I removed the buckles and rolled them up. Not sure what the exact long term solution will be there. May look into sending it off to have tab loops sewn on right there? All you’d have to do actually is cut the strap off 1.5-2” from the bag and sew it back to itself.

XA9SH9d.jpg

Nice!

XA9SH9d.jpg
Nice. How do you like the suspension?

It carries weight well. I had it around 20 lbs this past week and thought it felt great, obvious difference with it and a regular backpack. Its not meant for really heavy loads though. I haven't spent any time with it with the belt on it though.

I really want to like this bag for day/assault pack uses, reminds we of my Zulu but with built in side pockets. I wish they did the 44mag zipper and lid orientation for this pack, makes getting in and out when it's in an admin role more organized.

If I had to over load this size pack with the snow collar id just bump up to a mountain warrior.

Have you seen the shape charge? lol
Too small. That thing closer to a urban zippy and you lose built in side storage.

The hooligan is 45 liters, right at the limit between needing a hip belt and being able to shoulder strap carry it.

Ive got a Xing in that role now but I've wanted the front zipper tongue to be bigger a few times

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Back