Kifaru pack identification

Bigwilly556

Lil-Rokslider
Any resources for older kifaru packs identification. I have 3 of their gen 1 possibly 2 that I will be selling and only can confirm one of them.

Likely emailing them will be best. But there’s enough Kifaru junkies here I’d bet you got them curious!

OP
Bigwilly556

Bigwilly556

Lil-Rokslider
I've had a few guys help me so far and I sure appreciate it. I'm new and still figuring this forum out. I don't believe my post count is enough to pm yet. I'll try to have some pics up by tomorrow.

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
You got some gems there man. First pic is a Gen 1 Molle Express in 1000d Black with two Mini long pockets on the sides and a G1 2qt pocket on front. The top loader is a 1000d Foliage ZXR (Zulu Extreme Ruck, bigger than the Zulu) with an XTL lid and two Side zip Dock and Lock Long Pockets in 1000d Foliage. The little guy is a Scout in 1000d Black with two Mini Long pockets in 1000d Foliage. Any of the bushcraft or tac forums would eat that stuff up if you're looking to get rid of it.

I’m relatively new to the site as well, but found the site researching packs and tremendously helpful in buying my Kifaru E&E.

In any event, would you also be able help me identify this Kifaru pack as well? I’ve owned it for 11 years now and will be looking to move it. I’ve emailed Kifaru and surprisingly, they haven’t responded. I was told it might be Navigator G2 with anatomical lumbar pad/dual density foam and pack lock. However, it looks more like a Kifaru Express.

Thanks in advance of any insight.

Attachments

• IMG_0374.jpeg
    IMG_0374.jpeg
    298.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0375.jpeg
    IMG_0375.jpeg
    464.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0379.jpeg
    IMG_0379.jpeg
    435 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0378.jpeg
    IMG_0378.jpeg
    313.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0377.jpeg
    IMG_0377.jpeg
    339.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0376.jpeg
    IMG_0376.jpeg
    433.7 KB · Views: 60
OP
Bigwilly556

Bigwilly556

Lil-Rokslider
I've never seen one like that before. It looks like you have a cross between the express and molle express. Maybe a special run? Too bad kifaru hasn't answered, I've had unfortunate luck with them as of late. Vintage kifaru can go for big bucks if advertised in the right spot. Good luck with the sale.Compress_20230806_003641_1594.png

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor

_Quetico77

That looks like a customer modified Spike Camp (doesn't have the zippered lid of the Express). Someone added molle to the sides and replaced the lumbar pad materials for something more grippy. The brown triangle in the middle of the lumbar pad looks to be Brown ToughTek, which wasn't available until long after this pack was discontinued. The folded ends on the molle and the printed webbing is for sure a DIY job, we use woven pattern MC webbing and I usually try to end the webbing in a seam for strength. Looks like a solid job however!

If you guys are having a hard time hearing back from us, please reach out to me. We recently changed our CS ticketing system and we're still working the bugs out.

Thank you very much for the replies. At least I have some detail to list it more accurately now (and then hopefully buy a new pack for camping and hiking for my Scout as he pursues Eagle.

As a side note, I bought the pack from a gentleman in “the teams” who had it further modified with a molle pack on top that I had removed awhile ago. Thus, the customization comments now make a lot more sense.

Sincere thanks!

Bender, Thanks again for the deep insight. Kifaru Support responded and said it was an older “ 14'r in multicam”. The mystery continues, but I sincerely appreciate the feedback as it gives me enough info to hedge the representation.

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
No problem Quetico. You definitely have a modded Spike camp, I put a center zip down the center of the 14er main body along with a zippered lid and a very different back panel. Let me know if you find any other oddball packs!

7mm-08

WKR
Sorry, guy, but if you don't know, Eric Bender has been Kifaru's pack designer for a good number of years. Him taking time to respond to your questions is another reason to ALWAYS consider Kifaru.

I am very lucky Eric took the time to respond. It helped provide credibility with my listing of the modified Spike Camp making it easier to sell.

Kifaru's quality is second to none and I know the product will last a lifetime. You get what you pay for and you don't want your gear failing in the bush. Many thx...