Kifaru Pullouts

Trr15

WKR
I know I'm probably behind on the times, but I just received 3 Kifaru UL pullouts (small/med/large) in the mail today and I just have to say that these things are freakin awesome! Didn't realize I could be so impressed by a zippered pouch. I'm a bit of an organization freak and usually keep my gear stored in a variety of ziplock bags. Not any more, I'm going to order another 5-6 of these things. They are super light and seem surprisingly durable. The 3 I received have already been designated as my kill kit, water kit (msr mini works and drom bag, tablets) and my emergency fire kit (Vaseline, cotton balls, small candle, bic, fire steel and magnesium block). If you haven't given these things a try yet, I recommend checking them out.

TEmbry

WKR
Good to hear because I have a few in the mail coming my way as we speak. I also got a few cuben fiber stuff sacks from Zpacks for comparison. I LOVE Zpacks idea of sewing in the fleece liner on half of a medium dry sack. Pull it inside out, restuff it with contents and you now have a full fleece pillow without packing the weight of one in. Love dual purpose gear.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Yep now get you some kifaru 3 and 5 string stuff sacks. Youll be set.

OP
Trr15

Trr15

WKR
I'm going to have to check out Zpacks. Thanks for the info.

amp713

WKR
Where is this fleece one at? Im not fiding it on the website and am extremely interested!

amp713

WKR
Oh jk! I was looking in stuff sacks not dry bags! may be buying one soon!

The megas fit perfectly into my KU 3700. I can lay them flat and stack them right up. I have three in there now with my bag and bivy, clothes, and a homemade super woobie. I ow two full sets plugs an extra mega and can always find ways to use them.

Pullouts are the best if you like to be organized. I also use 2 of the mega pullouts and ma get a few more.

amp713

WKR
So im trying to figure out what pull out would work best for my food, I use some dehydrated alot like MH but not vaccum sealed. I work 8 on 6 off so i will need enought dinner for about 8 days plus snacks! I eat insane amounts of food as im young and have a high metabolism. About what size would you guys need for that plus the stove, pot and fuel?

Either a XL or mega would fit 8 days of food and snacks. I keep three days worth of food and snacks in a large and my pot and stove in a seperate pouch.

TEmbry

WKR
For that long definitely a mega. I'm holding one in my hands and have the same hunger issues out there. I could eat nonstop on a trip if I allowed myself to. Idk if I could even get 8 days of food into a mega but it'd probably work.

Medium is literally the perfect size for a kill kit. Like it was designed for it almost lol. Mine has an ink pen wrapped in several yards flagging tape, havalon with 12 blades, TAG BOMB bag set, two sets gloves, cut proof gloves, 25 ft 550 cord, back up buck knife with saw blade, and a tyvek ground tarp. Zips up perfectly and weighs right under 1.5 lbs.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
For that long definitely a mega. I'm holding one in my hands and have the same hunger issues out there. I could eat nonstop on a trip if I allowed myself to. Idk if I could even get 8 days of food into a mega but it'd probably work.

Medium is literally the perfect size for a kill kit. Like it was designed for it almost lol. Mine has an ink pen wrapped in several yards flagging tape, havalon with 12 blades, TAG BOMB bag set, two sets gloves, cut proof gloves, 25 ft 550 cord, back up buck knife with saw blade, and a tyvek ground tarp. Zips up perfectly and weighs right under 1.5 lbs.

Listen to this guy!

We designed the Mega for what food I take on a 7 day hunt.

Nice Trevor, now I have to make another order... :)

What cut proof gloves are you keeping in there, seems like a nice thing to have along.

colonel00

WKR
Nice Trevor, now I have to make another order... :)

What cut proof gloves are you keeping in there, seems like a nice thing to have along.

Here is a pair that I have in my kill kit. Any industrial supply should have some and you can find them on Amazon. There was a recent thread not too long ago that discussed gloves like this that you might find with a search. I believe someone recommended a 4 rating and these are 3 but they are free so they will do. Also, I was able to "lip" salmon this year with them so I know the do a decent job but they aren't puncture proof as a fishing hook will go right through them.

20140225_190618.jpg

Last edited:

amp713

WKR
Perfect! Mega it will be!!! And im gonna get the rokslide kill kit and just add/adjust a few things there and call it good! Its way better set up than mine already ha