Kifaru Whitetail pack

tracker12

WKR
I think it looks all jazzy like everything else Kifaru, but I am in the camp that it really doesn't have a place in my setup. It's just overkill. I lash everything to my stand and have a small fleece pack for my kill kit and incidentals.

I want to see a frameless treestand carry system. I've been begging for someone to listen for 5 years. Look at how mobile guys are modding MOLLE belts and straps and improve on that. See my two treestands below. Kifaruize it. That is ripe for innovation. You already have a rigid treestand to work with, the redundancy of a full pack frame to carry one is just dumb.

K1MIqAl.jpg

SZS9bjJ.jpg

This guy knows how to move around the WT woods. Exactly how all the guys I hunt with do it. If I am hunting out of a pre hung hangon I just grab my fanny pack. Small kill kit, drag rope, head lamp and a drink.

ofl0926

WKR
Anymore input on this pack?!?
I keep looking at it. Like the fact it’s a stand-alone bag. I have a 22mag on a 24in frame right. Don’t know if this will be better for the stand/blind. I’m not carrying a climber into the field. Also, I’m thinking about the bag for air travel.
Stuff I usually carry. Depending on the weather FL Halstead fleece or sanctuary jacket. Puffy jacket. Rain jacket/pants. Head lamp. Flashlight. Beanie, balaclava, webbing, knife/gutting kit, marking tape, wind checker, scent spray, snacks, water bladder, coffee cup, piss bottle, tag/license, wallet, ammo, binos in AGC pack and possibly shooting sticks. That’s pretty much off the top of my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

OLI62

FNG
I just got mine and it looks great. Definitely bigger than I thought.

Is it a lot bigger than your 22 Mag? My gear list is similar to yours. How are you going to use the big front pouch? Thanks

ofl0926

WKR
Is it a lot bigger than your 22 Mag? My gear list is similar to yours. How are you going to use the big front pouch? Thanks

I’m going to load it up with everything on Tuesday and I’ll post pics