Kifaru wolf grey

FNG
Has anybody received any new Kifaru stuff in wolf grey? I am having a hard time getting a gauge of the color on the website when I look at the emr2 and cargo panel, is it a dark grey or a blue grey? I really want to order but I am unsure right now. Thanks in advance.

Tiger Rag

WKR
It's more dark gray, no blue in it. Here is a picture of it next to a pretty "gray" batch of foliage fabric...

View attachment 24799

Getting an invalid attachment message on that. Not sure why this interface allows us to load attachments in that manner but then no one can see it. I always have to edit and go into "manage attachments" to get the photo into a thumbnail that can be accessed.

OP

FNG
I thought I would follow up on this post. I ordered a small pocket to see what the wolf gray really looked like, I am really happy with the color. When looking at the color I would say that the Cargo Panel and Mountain Rambler are the best representation and that anything else on the site really looks nothing like it.

I sold all my foliage gear and ordered wolf gray stuff when I got the new frame. Its a sweet color. But I was hoping it made the issue go away of so many different shades of the color like was the case with foliage. Its weird that I care I know, and I am probably in a minority on the subject. But it bugged me with the foliage stuff that I was happy to sell my stuff and buy new stuff at a small loss to get all wolf gray. BUT, the wolf gray has resulted in the same problem for me. In fact just the frame itself has several different colors of wolf gray on it. The belt and the shoulder straps are different colors for sure. The straps look like wolf gray and the belt looks like foliage. The frame also has several different colors of buckles on it as well. The grab it and guide lid are two different colors, zippered items have black zippers and some have grayish zippers. Doesn't seem to be any consistency. It drives me nuts. Its like they just grab whatever buckle or zipper is close and put it on. Just some info on wolf gray for anyone who cares.

Yea wolf is all over the place still. As I mentioned in another thread (link), I've gotten wolf grey gear that's not quite 50 shades but maybe 3. What's interesting is that the foliage hardware on the wolf packs blends in REALLY well to the gray. I didn't even realize it was foliage until I compared it.

Oh well...I'll take some of your wolf grey gear for cheap too if it doesn't match :)

Seems like coyote brown is your answer if you want all matching gear.

jbra

FNG
I've got an urban zippy in wolf grey, I like it but not as much as I thought I would. So... I opted for coyote brown in my new pack/frame I just ordered!

jbra

FNG
The wolf grey I have seems to change color in different light. Sometimes it looks grey, other times it almost looks like a foliage-greyish type of color, odd.

Muttly

WKR
I,'ve got my first Kifaru inbound, hunting frame, mountain warrior bag, should be here Friday-ish!!..
Ordered it in wolf grey, should know first hand in a few days! Well, I,m a little color blind, greens and greys throw me off, so I should be able to ask my wife what color it is in a few days...

The wolf grey I have seems to change color in different light. Sometimes it looks grey, other times it almost looks like a foliage-greyish type of color, odd.
Foliage does that too depending on the light.

I had a wolf grey antero on with a wolf grey arcteryx jacket and the antero looked very blue.

Kotaman

WKR
I sold all my foliage gear and ordered wolf gray stuff when I got the new frame. Its a sweet color. But I was hoping it made the issue go away of so many different shades of the color like was the case with foliage. Its weird that I care I know, and I am probably in a minority on the subject. But it bugged me with the foliage stuff that I was happy to sell my stuff and buy new stuff at a small loss to get all wolf gray. BUT, the wolf gray has resulted in the same problem for me. In fact just the frame itself has several different colors of wolf gray on it. The belt and the shoulder straps are different colors for sure. The straps look like wolf gray and the belt looks like foliage. The frame also has several different colors of buckles on it as well. The grab it and guide lid are two different colors, zippered items have black zippers and some have grayish zippers. Doesn't seem to be any consistency. It drives me nuts. Its like they just grab whatever buckle or zipper is close and put it on. Just some info on wolf gray for anyone who cares.

Yep...I was going to do what you did, but when I got no bites on my foilage stuff, I decided to mix and match. Honestly, with the different colors of Wolf Grey, you can't tell whether my Mountain Warrior is Wolf Grey or Foilage! My frame is the same as yours. Doesn't really bother me too much though...and I'm usually anal about these types of things...

Any consistency in the colors yet? Looking at placing another order soon, but I'm OCD when it comes to mismatched colors that are supposed to be the same.

I have a spike camp in wolf grey which is 500d. It would probably be more accurate to call it dark foliage.

Outdoorsman3830

Lil-Rokslider
I just got an AMR, Guide Lid, Grab-It, Bottle Pocket, Mini Belt Pouch, and Medium Pocket all in Wolf Gray yesterday. I only noticed the darker gray on the Guide Lid as others have previously mentioned. Doesn't bother me though.