Kiowa hunting services

I got the brochure in the mail. Looked at it. It appears to me to be a standard mass mailing hoping they can hook some hunters into shelling out money. No mention of the actual guides or who you would be dealing with. Too many different ranches and locations. I would believe you book the hunt then they go an try to find a guide for you. Danger , Danger.

Could be wrong but that is what it looked like to me.

Seth

WKR
I have not personally hunted with them but work with several of their guides in NM and have been in one of their camps; they are legit.

wytx

WKR
I got the brochure in the mail. Looked at it. It appears to me to be a standard mass mailing hoping they can hook some hunters into shelling out money. No mention of the actual guides or who you would be dealing with. Too many different ranches and locations. I would believe you book the hunt then they go an try to find a guide for you. Danger , Danger.

Could be wrong but that is what it looked like to me.
So you made this post without any real experience with Kiowa? Based on the website I guess.

OP take advice from those that have hunted with the outfit and call some references, both successful and unsuccessful.

Brooks

WKR
A friend of mine guided an elk for them once. They camped in the National forest, killed a bull on the 2nd day, got it packed out the next day, the hunter stayed around camp for the next day and hung out with the guide, did a little sight seeing then packed up and headed home. The Hunter got a bull, the guide got paid and said he got a nice tip. I never heard anything negative.

So you made this post without any real experience with Kiowa? Based on the website I guess.

OP take advice from those that have hunted with the outfit and call some references, both successful and unsuccessful.
You are correct in calling me out on that. I don't have any personal experience with them but have had
bad experiences with mass mailing and multi state outfitters. I stand corrected.

wytx

WKR
Good man CAElk to say that.
I have limited dealings with Kiowa from way back and they were fine then, no new dealings though.
He had a really neat ranch in NM leased at one time I had hunted.

Best practice is to call some references , successful and non, they should list both.

I applied this year using them as my outfitter. Would be sweet to draw a New Mexico archery Elk tag! 🤞 I've never hunted there.

msw08d

FNG
What season did you guys get drawn for? I drew a tag as well with kiowa. I got a unit 10 early bow hunt. Tim seems like a great guy on the phone and it sounds like others have had great experiences with him.