Kitchen Mixer? Mother's day help!

Vaultman

WKR
Any bakers out there?
Looking for suggestion on mixers?

Wife and I got a kitchen-aid for our wedding 20+ years ago and it wasn't maintained well in our youth. Ready to replace it. Should I get her another kitchen-aid or go with a different brand?

Yes get a Kitchen Aid.

You should be able to buy one from Costco or Sams Club for 20-40% of the cost they normally are during Mother's Day Sales and during Thanksgiving.

I have a Pro I gave $180 for in 2022 during Black Friday.

We don't use it all the time, but we use it way more than I thought we would have. My wife thought it was stupid intially but I am the cook and we do use it.

We also use the Ninja Blender/Food processor we got from Sams for $100. We also use a Vitamix we bought 13 years ago for $400.

They have similar functions.

On the Kitchen Aid try and find someone that knows what attachments work with which model. The Pro doesn't accept all the attachments that the standard model takes. The pro is more powerful, and doesn't have the same hinge. It works like a drill press.

Kitchen aid. Then you can buy the different attachments for it for future gifts.
My wife has both a bowl lift model and the artisan model (head tilts). She uses the artisan the most since it's lighter and easier to move. Uses the bowl lift for bread and larger batches.

For context iv worked in commercial kitchens for 20 years

First you can get kitchen aides rebuilt, much cheaper than a new one

For counter top mixers kitchen aides are hard to beat, you get all the extra attachment and support will be there for ever, theres two basic models, tilt head and handle lift, at one time the handle was metal gears and tilt head plastic, im not sure that is still the same

Every kitchen iv worked in and in culinary school we used kitchen aides for small batches of stuff, for large batches we floor mixers but kitchen aides are workhorses and would be my suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a kitchen aid that is handle lift, I use it more than she does. Shredding cheese, slicing taters, pasta maker, mixing in general.

Echoing Kitchen aid. Ours is a 6qt pro 22yrs old now. Our house is an ingredients house and I swear that thing is never clean or not on the counter. Easy to service and repair. I e replaced the switch once and changed the grease a few times.

Reactions: ODB
Daughter’s a chef by trade, she uses Kitchen Aid mixers.
They are huge and weigh a ton. So have storage and counter space for one.

Thank's to y'all. I never thought I'd get so many answers, but this hunting forum does not disapoint!

Thanks for the heads up on the sale, stacked that with the 10% off for new users and got a very good price on a new 7 qt that I'd been wanting for a while

We have KitchenAid and really like it. My only suggestion is to buy the steel mixing bowl and not the glass one, ours broke. A replacement is close to $100.

We also use a Vitamix we bought 13 years ago for $400.
We bought a Vitamix in 1999 and I've used that thing a lot since the day we bought it, at least a couple times a week. Lots of shakes, smoothies, and salsa. And it's still running strong. Bought the Kitchen Aid mixer right around the same time and it runs and looks like new. I wouldn't be as confident with a new one these days, but who knows.

This is the stone cold secret on the best salsa in the world.

1 pound of tomatillos with the 2nd skin on (shell).

1 pound of poblanos chiles

1 pound of anaheim chiles

Throw everything whole in a 2 galon bag and dump a couple table spoons of olive or avacado oil in there and make sure all the veggies are coated.

Roast in the oven on a cookie sheet until you have complete cook through, if you are using a fan. Ensure you are not burning it.

Most Mexicans cook salsa on the stove top. I am not Mexican, I am kind of New Mexican but 100% non Spanish so this is what I call a Gringosalsalito! Little American salsa!

When you are done roasting everything, throw the entire pan except the stems from the chiles and shells from the vitamix or a regular blender and rip it down to a consistant liquid.

Important!

Salt and Pepper heavily to taste.

Do not get Tex-Mex and put something stupid like cilantro, lime or garlic in it. You can try that later, but trust me this salsa is heaven on earth. I will judge you. If you go for the cilantro you will have ruined it, as it ruins all food and we won't be friends.

Poblanos are the key ingredient. But you can also do Hatch chilies or Jalapenos if you want more heat. Or if you are a sadistic bastard you can add Habaneros or some kind of chile that has the word death in it's name. There are quite a few.

Back