Kodiak 10x14 Flex-Bow VX feedback

thegrouse

Lil-Rokslider
Competetive edge is where I bought mine. I have the 10x14 VX. It is a solid tent. I use 10" or 14" lag bolts and an impact for stakes. It sets up fast. My only complaint is it is very cumbersome. You have to pack the tent body, the poles, the stakes, the awning vestibule if desired, the ground cloth for under the tent, and a piece of astroturf for the porch if desired. I went out camping last week and took my REI Base Camp 6 just because it took up less space. I have used a Buddy Heater down to 9 degrees and the tent will withstand strong wind.

OP
M

MT257

WKR
Does the flap that is the awning zip down to the side or does that just roll up?

24” of snow. Works great with a buddy heater. Recently purchased their roof cover. Should help with heat retention. Lag bolts expedite the set up process.

IMG_3809.jpeg

Marshfly

WKR
Yes. Awesome. Spax lags instead of the stakes. Get the inside floor liner. Get the vestibule.

Also yes to great fast service from competitive edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thegrouse

Lil-Rokslider
Does the flap that is the awning zip down to the side or does that just roll up?
The awning flap rolls up when not in use. You can use the awning poles and set it up to provide shade. I am 6' and I cannot stand upright. I use an adjustable pole to push up the center so I can stand. The vestibule adds a wall and wings to the awning to give a cooking place or storage area for bad weather. It works pretty well, but I do hit my head in places. When it is raining sideways not all of the covered area will stay dry.