Kodiak Canvas Cabin Lodge

Hey everyone, I am looking to upgrade my Rainier Centennial wall tent setup and have been looking at the Kodiak Canvas cabin lodge. Does anyone have experience with this tent, I haven't been able to find many discussions on it.

MHWASH

WKR
Check out Kodiak Canvas Tent Enthusiasts on Facebook. I have a Flexbow 10x10, but no experience with the Canvas Cabins.

magtech

Lil-Rokslider
I have the lodge cabin and like it. But, if I was ordering anything from them I would ask myself a couple questions

Do they have parts ?
Do they respond to customer service requests again?

During Covid they went dark and I kinda lost some respect for them.

wyogoat

WKR
Not exactly what you’re looking at but same company, I have the flex 10x14 that I think I’m on year 9 with. Spent hundreds of nights in it by now and love it. Use it for everything and kept me from buying a camper. Used in all kinds of weather with legit wind this season and definitely a solid company.

OP
R
Not exactly what you’re looking at but same company, I have the flex 10x14 that I think I’m on year 9 with. Spent hundreds of nights in it by now and love it. Use it for everything and kept me from buying a camper. Used in all kinds of weather with legit wind this season and definitely a solid company.
Awesome! I'm located in western Washington and trying to decide if this will hold up to the high winds and endless rain for a November elk hunt.

OP
R
I have the lodge cabin and like it. But, if I was ordering anything from them I would ask myself a couple questions

Do they have parts ?
Do they respond to customer service requests again?

During Covid they went dark and I kinda lost some respect for them.
Have you used your cabin lodge during really high winds? I need it to be able to do well for high wind and lots of rain haha.

OP
R
Picked up a 10x10 Cabin model and was very comfortable with myself and my wife in it for 5 days last week. Had it in snow, rain, and sun. great tent so far and would purchase again for sure.

magtech

Lil-Rokslider
Have you used your cabin lodge during really high winds? I need it to be able to do well for high wind and lots of rain haha.
I left it up a couple months on a hill here. winds probably hit the 40s. It would have been good but with a lot of rain and leaving it up the stake on the canopy pulled out and messed up a pole. Like i said. I like the tent.

OP
R
I left it up a couple months on a hill here. winds probably hit the 40s. It would have been good but with a lot of rain and leaving it up the stake on the canopy pulled out and messed up a pole. Like i said. I like the tent.
Exactly what I needed to know, thanks.

I too have the Kodiak Canvas flexbox 10x10 tent and have had really good luck with it. It has held up to wind, snow and rain on several hunts and has been very comfortable. The only issue I have had is having to pack up on a day when the tent is still wet and worrying about mildew starting on the tent during a two or three day trip home. I have unpacked it and brought it in my hotel room to dry out on more than one occasion. I did have a little mildew start in one corner of the tent but I brought some spray and scrubbed it off. As far as customer service is concerned, they have been great to deal with.

No experience with the cabin style tents but I really like my 10X14 flexbow. I do think that my next hunting tent for winter will be a Davis wall tent with the extended awning and add some canvas sides. I spent 10 days in my flexbow during archery elk this year and it didn’t great in high winds, rain, and had some snow as well.

manitou1

WKR
Check out Charlie with Competitive Edge Products.
He has THOROUGH reviews on that tent, as-well-as all the Kodiak tents.
He also has the best prices I have found.

I have the tent you are asking about.
Excellent quality, very well thought out design, and absolutely dependable during rain.

I too have the Kodiak Canvas flexbox 10x10 tent and have had really good luck with it. It has held up to wind, snow and rain on several hunts and has been very comfortable. The only issue I have had is having to pack up on a day when the tent is still wet and worrying about mildew starting on the tent during a two or three day trip home. I have unpacked it and brought it in my hotel room to dry out on more than one occasion. I did have a little mildew start in one corner of the tent but I brought some spray and scrubbed it off. As far as customer service is concerned, they have been great to deal with.
Yea this is a thing with all canvas tents... and really all tents in general but canvas can take longer.

We stayed at our hunt an extra half day because the sun came out and the wind picked up... helped dry the tent so we didn't' have to later