KRG Bravo Opinions

Since this is a Bravo thread...maybe some of you can answer these questions...

I currently have a Tikka CTR in a KRG Bravo setup for AICS magazines. One of the things I never liked is that the AICS mags rock back and forth and wiggle (unlike CTR mags in a factory stock).

Question 1: Do the CTR mags rock/wiggle in the Bravo setup for CTR mags (KRG makes ine now)?

Question 2: If I wanted to put a standard T3x Lite (non-CTR) in a Bravo stock...could I run it in the Bravo setup for CTR mags with CTR mags? Or do I need to get the Bravo setup for AICS mags and run it with AICS mags?

No, I haven’t used the 3-9 to 1200 on game. To 1300 on rocks.

Tape on turret is a poor man’s yardage turret that’s calibrated specifically for DA for every hunt and is easy to re do as needed.
Sorry to drag this up from 2 years ago @PNWGATOR , but how far would you take the 3-9 out to on animals? On deer sized game?

Sorry to drag this up from 2 years ago @PNWGATOR , but how far would you take the 3-9 out to on animals? On deer sized game?
IMG_9030.jpegThis was a cow at 910. Magnification wasn’t an issue. Didn’t need more. I’d imagine deer sized game would be the same at similar distances. That said, I’ve shot no deer sized game beyond 700 yds with it.

I am going on an Axis hunt next month. I do have some 130 TMKs, I wondered if they might be a little nasty
if I have to go for a quartering to me shot up close? I bet they would be hard to beat for a lung shot starting at 3000fps plus.
Thanks

Hey guys, I’ve bitten the bullet and picked myself up a Bravo for my 6.5. A Rokstock would be been good, but at this stage it seems a bit difficult to get one down here to New Zealand.

Anyway, I want to run metal mags in it- what’s the best choice in brands? Or are they all much of the same? They’re not cheap here, so just want to ‘buy once cry once’

Hey guys, I’ve bitten the bullet and picked myself up a Bravo for my 6.5. A Rokstock would be been good, but at this stage it seems a bit difficult to get one down here to New Zealand.

Anyway, I want to run metal mags in it- what’s the best choice in brands? Or are they all much of the same? They’re not cheap here, so just want to ‘buy once cry once’
I think most would agree that the accuracy international mags are the “best”. However I have several accurate mags and some mdt ones for sa magnums and sa standard cartridges and haven’t had any issues thus far.

I have used both accurate mags and MDT and they work good. the only kind that wont work is plastic mags only work with most rem 700 actions

How much looking into importing one into NZ did you do? Should just be the import paperwork, no?

As others have mentioned, Accurate Mags work, as well as MDT metal. MDT plastic are known to have issues. One good option is the MDT plastic body / metal feed lips - best of both worlds. Of the two main sellers in NZ, one is significantly cheaper than the other.

in my 6.5cm tikka that was in a bravo the 5rd metal mdt mag i had would not feed. I called mdt and they refunded no questions asked which was cool. 10rd and 2 5rd mdt polymer mags i replaced the metal one with fed perfect. Have since used only these 5rd/10rd mdt polymer mags and also 10 rd 223 mdt polymer also in the bravo and 3rd flush mdt polymer in a hnt 26 20 in 6.5 cm without any issues. So i much prefer mdt polymer, I am a sample size of one though.

@Dobermann turns out getting a Rokstock here is possible, but hideously expensive. I contacted UM who put me onto a supplier in Aussie, but unfortunately by the time the stock made it to me the price tag had gone from $495 USD to about $1300 USD ($2200 NZD). I’m sure it’s a great stock, but that’s a fair bit of extra coin to fork out. I could put that money into a year of personal training to build the muscle to carry the Bravo….

I bought krg branded mags and they have worked fine, haven’t had any problems. 5’s and 10’s.

@Dobermann turns out getting a Rokstock here is possible, but hideously expensive. I contacted UM who put me onto a supplier in Aussie, but unfortunately by the time the stock made it to me the price tag had gone from $495 USD to about $1300 USD ($2200 NZD). I’m sure it’s a great stock, but that’s a fair bit of extra coin to fork out. I could put that money into a year of personal training to build the muscle to carry the Bravo….
Any reason you didn't just get UM to ship directly (with the correct NZ paperwork)?

Back