Kryptek Dalibor II Soft Shell Jacket Review, by Robby Denning

mcseal2

WKR
Just a follow up to my earlier reviews. I ended up purchasing another Dalibor II jacket after wearing the DCS a bit more. The longer sleeves and stiffer, louder material, didn't mix well for me. The fit was just off enough it felt like the sleeves were always bunching. The biggest drawback for me as I used it more was the hood. The Kuiu DCS hood offers great protection but after wearing the Dalibor hood I couldn't get used to losing the peripheral vision that the DCS blocks. Both are great coats but having spent a season in both the Dalibor wins for me, and is the one I'll be using for years to come. The Dalibor hood is the best I've found on anything for protection without losing peripheral vision. I bought the 3XL on the newer Dalibor that replaced the stolen one instead of the 2XL and it's longer. The extra length I really like, and it gives me room to wear my Sitka Kelvin puffy under it when sitting and still have a little dead air space. It's especially nice having the extra room for insulation when predator hunting with short walks and long sits. I only rifle hunt so a real tight fit isn't necessary. I wore the Dalibor jacket last weekend hunting pheasant and it never found that it slowed or restricted me when raising or swinging my shotgun. I find myself wearing it almost every hunt.

The Sitka Kelvin puffy, Kuiu Kenai zip-off pants, and Kryptek Dalibor jacket have become the pieces I design the rest of my layering system around for mid to late season.

mcseal2

WKR
Thanks Robby it means a lot, I'm glad when my posts can help others. I have certainly benefited from the experiences and advice I've had offered on here. We don't all need to try every new thing when we can learn from each other and shorten the learning curve. It helps our bank accounts, more money for tags!

I know this post doesn't catch everyone, but with Robby involved this much it hits a bunch. Thanks to everyone on all the threads for helping me make wise decisions with my hunting budget. My dollars are earned hard like yours and I don't mind using them where it helps but don't want to waste them. This forum certainly helps me spend them wisely and I appreciate that.