Kryptek is Chinese for Camo?

Been a while since I checked but wild things gear used to offer great pricing for military and first responders. I wear a set of their last generation event rain pants. I really liked their event jacket but left it unsecured in my truck and someone decided they needed it more than I did. I am not a big camo guy and they didn't have the color I wanted for my rain gear on their website. I sent them an email and they hooked me up with a set in gray.

Part of the problem with the United States is that sewing has become a lost art in this country, while in places like China it's still a way of life. So while you complain that it's not "Made in America!" maybe understand that it just might be more in your head then in the product. That's not to say quality products can't be made in the USA (See Kifaru).

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Color me disappointed. I'm getting geared up for elk season and decided on putting together a set of kryptek. After researching the company and the founders, and pitching the idea and brand to the bros in the squadron I started buying.

I was skeptical when my shirt showed up from Vietnam, then my Alaios pants showed up yesterday..."MADE IN CHINA." This should explain what I've seen about fading/piling issues, etc.

Anyone have other gear they can vouch isn't Chinese garbage? Core4? Kuiu? Russell Athletic?

Try these folks. Really really nice gear, made here and you have a choice of multiple camo patterns. And they have been around forever. Been using the same fleece pullover for 20 years.

https://www.dayonecamouflage.com/

Randy

chindits

WKR
This guy uses local stitch bitches and it's made to order stuff: http://enigmacamo.com/

I don't know where his fabric comes from but he was involved with ASAT at one time. Our local sewer is a great gal and has worked on my uniforms for years. I understand he has a few other sewers scattered through the U.S., but I don't really know since my only email to him went unanswered.

Last edited: