Kuiu axis vs Sitka Jetstream

Jake_B

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have both that they can comment on which one they prefer and why?

I was on the verge of pulling the trigger on the kuiu axis but after seeing all the positive reviews of the Sitka Jetstream, I am now questioning if that’s the route I should go

Thanks

I like my jetstream jacket a lot but the hybrid stuff kuiu is putting out interests me. The hunting industry has been a bit slow on the uptake of hybrid garments that mix and match panels for waterproof-soft shell-puffy strategically to enhance garment performance. Glad to see kuiu out in front on this. No experience with the axis jacket but I really like the despription of their hybrid pants.

OP
J

Jake_B

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks, the waterproof panels is what intrigued me as well. I’m hoping to hear from a few people to get their thoughts on it

Have no experience with the kuiu but I do have the Jetstream and can't say enough good about it, cuts wind exceptionally well and a does a decent job of keeping you dry in a light to meduim rain squall. Great shell for layering for warmth as well, that being said I'm sure you can't go wrong with the kuiu either both I'm sure would perform great hope that helps.

come2elmo

WKR
Here's a thread from a couple months ago about the Axis.

Was hoping this thread would be more active. Mainly because I've been eyeing those to jackets too. In my mind it kinda comes down to Wind Stopper v waterproof. Not sure if one is warmer than the other. And both come in solid colors, a plus for me anyways.

Trial153

WKR
The jetstream has been my most used jacket ever, warm enough, cool enough and quite enough to bowhunt from Alaska to Mexico.

sr80

WKR
Ive had both, currently still have the jetstream. I found the jetstream warmer , blocked wind better and breathed better than the axis. And is also quite a bit quieter, the axis seemed very swooshy to me when moving. The jetstream has been around for a long time without many changes except for the fit, its tried and true!