KUIU Bino Harness confusion

This spring I had my Marsupial harness stolen out of my truck along with my binoculars and range finder. Long story short, my wife and kids ordered me the KUIU harness for Father’s Day as a replacement knowing that I wear that camo and have a number of their catalogs scattered throughout the house.

In an effort to make it more like my Marsupial, I ordered the range finder holder and the phone holder as well. After adding both items to the harness it seems like a real pain in the ass to take the whole thing on and off. The way the buckles slide through the loop on the accessories to prevent them from flopping loosely on your chest when wearing the harness is cumbersome at best.

Am I just an idiot trying to get this thing on and off easily by unbuckling one side to slide into or am I missing something? Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution? I like the harness overall otherwise and am not to the point of getting rid of it, but I’m not sure this thing is as user friendly as what I had before.

Neckbone

Lil-Rokslider
Are the accessories what makes it a PIA? Im in the market for a new bino harness and was looking hard at the KUIU... I think I can get by without the accessory pouches tho. Let me know if you want to sell it.

Dennis

WKR
I use additional webbing and buckles to extend chest straps a few inches on either side. Only really need to do one side buckle.

Are you saying that the straps twist as you put in on due to the accessories? I try to keep rangefinder holder closer to the main Bino pack to keep things from twisting around. Other than that it’s probably just a matter of getting used to it.

OP
danwattsmessick
Are you saying that the straps twist as you put in on due to the accessories? I try to keep rangefinder holder closer to the main Bino pack to keep things from twisting around. Other than that it’s probably just a matter of getting used to it.
No, it isn’t that the straps twist.

The accessories have a buckle that attaches between the female buckle for the shoulder strap and the harness itself. This buckle keeps the accessory attached to the harness. On the other side of the accessory is a nylon loop that you slide the male buckle for the shoulder strap through and then clip into the female buckle.

When the make and female buckles are joined they meet directly behind the accessory. When the male buckle slides through the accessory loop it completes the loop for the arm of the harness so you’re forced to clip the buckle together against your body and behind the accessory.

This all sounds really complicated, which I guess is the frustrating part. I’ll include pictures this afternoon for a better example.

Cyril

FNG
I use range finder accessory only, leaving the other side buckle free and easy to use for on and off. I could see having two accessories being attached directly next to the bino harness as a PIA.