Kuiu Katana or Pro Pant - CO Archery

CHMD

FNG
In your experience, would the Kutana stretch woven or Pro pant be a better choice for the 2nd-4th weeks of September in Colorado for elk hunting? I have both pants, not looking to make a purchase. I will also have a pair of zip off merino 210 and super down ultra pants with me and rain pants if it seems like I’ll need them. I’m leaning towards the kutana unless the forecast seems colder than usual, in which case I would probably switch to the pro pant.

Does anyone have experience with both around that time of year and have a preference? Thanks.

BDRam16

WKR
I am thinking of picking up some kutanas for September this season. Second the not needing puffy pants unless it’s unseasonably cold or you run very cold.

jdmaxwell

WKR
I wore Kutana last year in Colorado last 2 weeks in September every day. No layers except rain pant if needed. Works well for me

Thanks for the post and feedback. I’ve been eyeing some new pants and that may have just sealed the kutana’s for me

tracker12

WKR
I have the Katanas and they are pretty light weight. They will work if u want to layer up in the morning. Last year I hunted WY and on the 7th of SEP we got 8" of snow and the morning were cold. I wore Sitka Timberline with water proof knees and seat. I always have LW and heavy if the weather turns.

Kutanas have been my go-to for the last 3 archery seasons in Colorado (2nd and 3rd week). Perfect with a 145 zip off Merino base layer.