Kuiu Kenai vs Sitka Kelvin Aerolite

jazz3ring

WKR
Wondering how these jackets compare in warmth and wind resistance in stationary use?

Has anyone used both to be able to compare them?

Blueman75

FNG
I have both of these jackets. The Aerolite is a very warm jacket for as light as it is. Does a decent job of blocking the wind, but not wind proof. I prefer it over the Kenai, but prefer the fit of the Kenai. The Aerolite is a bit baggy in the body.

RAPTOR

WKR
Wondering how these jackets compare in warmth and wind resistance in stationary use?

Has anyone used both to be able to compare them?
I have/had both. The aerolight I didn't feel was warm enough, and it was loud. The Kenai is better as a midlayer under a windproof shell for stationary use, but it's really quiet. Neither one of these are going to be your go to for glassing, you'd want something more substantial.

Blueman75

FNG
I’ll add that I wore the Aerolite several times this year while duck hunting, with temps around 32 degrees. I had to unzip the jacket so I didn’t overheat. But I tend to run warm.

PHo

WKR
I haven’t tried the aerolite, but the Kenai is not windproof. It’ll work for stationary use in a pinch if there’s no wind, but if it’s windy you’ll either need a windproof shell on top of it, like a rain jacket, or you’re gonna want to go with something else that’s windproof.